PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for 30+ stacks of books?

cfteagu
03-09-2006, 09:30 PM
<div>Hello, I am an avid quester and I especially like book quests, to get more books for my apt.</div><div> </div><div>However, along with many normal books, I have about 30 books with the 'stack' graphic.  I don't know what I can do with them that will look nice in my apt.</div><div> </div><div>I'm not willing to get rid of them -- they are trophies to me, and some of them I actually like to read from time to time.</div><div> </div><div>I mean, I can place a few stacks near my desk or whatever, and it gives it a normal, lived-in look with a certain amount of clutter.   But what do you do with 30 stacks of books?</div><div> </div><div>I'm open to ideas.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions</div><div> </div>

Kedc
03-09-2006, 09:37 PM
<div></div><p>One thing I have found with the stack books is that putting them in bookcases make the bookcases look "more full" this is especially true for those bookcases that require workarouds to make it look like things are on the shelves such as the Briarwood one which no shelves work, and the maple which only work in some areas of the shelves.</p><p>Also putting on a stack on a bedside table makes for a very cozy, I read at night when I go to bed environment =)</p>

Cusashorn
03-10-2006, 01:56 AM
<div>With my Library I have on the 2nd floor of my 3-room house in Qeynos, I spread the stacks of books around the walls on the floor, to make the place look a little more... disorganized, but at the same time, making efficient use of the space I have in the room.</div><div> </div><div> </div><div>I also stack books on top of each other if they're related to the same subject.</div><div> </div><div>Example: Dragoon Zytl: The Green, The Black, and The Blood ranks. I stack Blood at the bottom, being the last in the series, black on top of that, and Green at the top.</div>

Moonshower
03-10-2006, 08:48 PM
I just thought of a fun idea.  I have seen fireplaces made out of every furniture item.  Why not build one out of the stacks of books?  Wouldn't be that hard really the stacks could be the side peices, and the cross wall could be individual books you would just have to place them on the table then remove the table.  Just a thought.MoonshowerLvl 57 furyLvl 57 carpy<div></div>

Arieadn
03-10-2006, 09:29 PM
<div></div>For storage I once stacked all my stacks of books into one tall, colorful pillar while moving my room around. When I looked at it again next to a palm tree and some urns it looked pretty neat, so I've kept it there for a while... as a thought, If you have enough you could always build some pillars out of them, say to hold a balcony or some sort... :smileyvery-happy:

Lasia2
03-11-2006, 08:49 PM
<div></div><p>I created yet another storage alt, named appropriatly, to be my library. for now it's just a one roomer, but in it I will have alot of the nicer bookcases and shelves, and also the rare portraits and nicer paintings displyaed as one would find in a library or museum.....</p><p>this way the books are going to good use, and i can have them out, but not take up precious item count in Lill's main house.</p>

Razorbak
03-16-2006, 01:36 AM
<div></div>:smileyhappy:Could always hide some under your bed