PDA

View Full Version : A question about books....

Galldora
01-17-2006, 09:17 PM
I know there are versions of books that count toward room item count and versions  that don't, and I understand that the ones that look like a real book when you open them up to read them are the ones that don't count.  I've heard that you can purchase the replacement books that don't count at the Mage Tower in S. Qeynos for a very small fee.  But, what about books you didn't originally get at the Mage Tower?  And also, what about books that you bought from the broker rather than earned thru questing?  Is there a way to exchange all the books you have for the versions that don't count? <div></div>

Reality
01-17-2006, 10:43 PM
<div></div><p>OK What I seem to have come up with is that you can replace any book you have discovered in your travels.. completed by turning in collection pages or purchased in SQ mage tower ( for those good side folk ) You cannot replace the ones you bought off the broker =/</p><p> </p><p>Hope that helps a bit !</p><p>    Moxi</p><p>~ Amend ~</p>

Galldora
01-17-2006, 10:48 PM
OK, well I guess that means I've gotta stop buying those books off the broker!  So where do you go to replace the books?  Can you replace all of them at the Mage Tower, or just the ones that originally came from there?<div></div>

Reality
01-17-2006, 10:56 PM
<div></div><p>all in the mage tower .. I think they are 3 copper a piece? lol  You can stock your home-library with as many as you wish.. just keep making trips back to SQ ( you can only have one copy of each on you at a given time ).</p><p> </p><p>Have fun !</p><p>~ M ~</p>

Cusashorn
01-18-2006, 02:14 AM
<div>Ok here's the deal: The Devs are currently slowly but surely converting old-world books into the new format so they don't count towards the item limit.</div><div> </div><div> </div><div>So far they have only converted:</div><div> </div><div> </div><div>Legend and Lore books</div><div> </div><div>Creature Catalog books</div><div> </div><div>Books found in The Enchanted Lands</div><div> </div><div>Books found in Zek.</div><div> </div><div> </div><div> </div><div>Only those books so far. The History of the Races books and all the others found around the cities or purchased from the library still haven't been converted yet.</div><div> </div><div> </div><div>Each book costs 1 copper to buy the new version from the NPC who sells them.</div>

Lasia2
01-18-2006, 07:10 PM
<div></div>Is there a way to tell if you have a newer non-count book or not? In decorating my SO's room, he has alot of books...and he thought that because he did these book quests AFTER that liveupdate changing some books to no-count, that they would be no-count.....but i guess not, as I can't even make him a bedroom due to a totally full room.