PDA

View Full Version : Achieving more with less inventory.

Astragot
01-11-2006, 11:38 PM
<div>check this house on the splitpaw server, it belongs to Lonim and is located in south freeport.</div><div> </div><div><a href="http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/image_view.vm?imageId=504557" target="_blank">http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/image_view.vm?imageId=504557</a></div><div> </div><div>Notice how great this room looks and how little is actually in it.</div><div> </div><div>Lonim has understood that even the grandest house can look overcrowded if you cram too much in it.</div><div> </div><div>This is by far the best looking house I've seen, including the ones mentioned on this board. Lonim emphazises the strong points of a room instead of using space to show off possesions.</div><div> </div><div>Big hats off to him, very, very stylish</div>

Ayen
01-12-2006, 12:22 AM
<div>If the goal of this room design is to make a board/buisness/meeting type rooms, then that goal was met.</div><div> </div><div>I believe each house is different and each person's goals are different. Some want to show a comfy cosy home that welcomes you in. That says take your shoes off and relax a while. Other's are social club atmophere that says pull up a chair and have a drink. And still others like the one above that say time for a serious meeting!</div><div> </div><div>While I personally like homes that show a more personal type of history of which ever char owns it (by observing different obtainable items in their home), more reserved rooms have their place also! Just depends what reason the owner wants to use that space for!</div>

Elya
01-12-2006, 12:25 PM
<div></div><p>If he likes it, great! Thats the goal of each homeowner. To please their own senses =)</p><p>For myself, I am more of a nester. I like my clutter, my knicknacks, and that place just is too empty and sterile for me!</p>

VikodiN
01-12-2006, 12:35 PM
<div></div><font color="#ccffff">More isn't necessarily better ... but I do think color adds alot to housing in Everquest II, reguardless of whether you are in your newbie Inn Room (as I am, for some reason, I just enjoy the conveniences of the Baubbleshire than any other the other city districts) or are lucky to have 5 (really 7) Room Guild Hall.  Whenever I to remake Basstone's Inn Room or Th Commoner's Tavern, it will have alot more color in it when I get into the design mood again.</font>

Aenashi
01-13-2006, 03:21 AM
<div></div><div>nevermind..takes 5 minutes to load.</div><p>Message Edited by ihateforumnames on <span class="date_text">01-12-2006</span><span class="time_text">02:25 PM</span></p>