PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on the new tradeskill rare and uncommon buffs.

Shunidar
04-02-2005, 06:59 PM
<DIV>First, I wanted to say that this is a very cool idea and great way to reward players who pay attention and properly run thier counters.  The only thing I would change is the still massive bonuses after a fail.  I'm not suggesting that you get an instant crude -1000, -1000... but it should still be treated like missing a critical reaction which is basically some loss in progress, loss in durability, and damage taken.  I don't really get the concept that you can fail a reaction and still get a massive bonus... it seems counterintuitive.  Many of the crafters embrace skill and a new punishment/reward system may be just the ticket to spice up crafting.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>My only other concern is that even though rares are ultra-rare botting while crafting is particularly easy, and may turn into a fantastic way to farm rares.  Any steps you at SoE (not that I don't think you are) can take to cut back on botting are exceedingly welcomed.</DIV>

bcbroom
04-03-2005, 02:41 PM
<DIV>quote:</DIV> <DIV> <HR> </DIV> <DIV> I don't really get the concept that you can fail a reaction and still get a massive bonus... it seems counterintuitive.  </DIV> <DIV> <HR> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I would add that it bugs me that I can counter a reaction and still get a failure. It seems like there is not a huge connection between the reactions and success/failure. There are times that it seems like they may be related, but not very strong.  I think skill level (the number, not player skill) and durability buffs have a much larger effect on crafting than correct reactions.  The only reason I pay attention to them is when I'm armor crafting, because two good hits from that and I'm dead.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As far as the new buffs, its an awesome addition.  I think the pristine + components back is not as good as the +25 skill, unless you happen to be doing a rare combine, then its just like a new rare.  I've also had some insta pristines on components, which was not a neat as if it had been a final. Maybe you could instead get an item you could activate to get the pristine, so you could influence when it happens? Some others have suggested getting multiples (this would be handy for interim items, and overpowered for finished).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Overall, the new buffs are really nice. Some needed spice to the crafting process.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>(edit: forgot to comment on the buffs themselves, which was the whole point of the thread)</DIV><p>Message Edited by bcbroom on <span class=date_text>04-03-2005</span> <span class=time_text>08:47 PM</span>