PDA

View Full Version : Bug : 3 room home in Qeynos 10 x's the rent as same in Freeport

Aethn
03-30-2005, 06:27 PM
<DIV>In South Freeport you can buy an out of the way 3 room home for 61 gold, 40 silver  with an upkeep of 6 gold, 14 silver.  In Qeynos the chaepest 3 room is 6 pp 14 gold to purchase and 61 gold 44 silver to upkeep.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The next higher house in Freeport in the SAME district, SAME road is 6pp 14 gold to purchase and 61gold 44 silver to upkeep.  The same price as the chap house in Qeynos.  The first 61 gold house in South Freeport is a BUG.  Just look at the numbers, someone input the values into the database wrong.  Its obvious to anyone that just looks.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>How to fix this is the question.  It already screwed up, you cant very well take the South Freeport home and mark it up 10x to the REAL value it was suppose to be.  People already living there, and there are thousands across servers, would be out of house and home in a week do to the extreme cost.  The solution is to take one 3 room home in South Qeynos and cut its rent by 10x just like Freeport.  Thus creating equal housing oppurtunities.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Now as for the weak, no bassis arguement that it costs more gold to upgrade a freeport house then a qeynos house, HOGWASH !!  it does not cost that much.  In a weeks time, the Qeynosian will pay ~55 GOLD more in rent after just 7 days, it doenst cost 55 gold to upgrade walls and floors in freeport.  So for the next 51 weeks out fo teh year, teh Qeynosian pays almost 28 pp MORE then the Freeportian for the same exact level home.  I do not for one minute believe the DEV team intended this huge cost burden on Qeynos.  28 pp for the average player in EQ2 is unobtainable.  Might as well be a 20 room hotel, it still wont be affordable</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>While there, you can add a status value home to each city in the similar price range a the cheap Freeport house.  In general 51,000 stauts a week is a huge burden for a 3rd room.  That again is a 10x jump from the 2 room and you dont get 10x s the value out of it.  I dont pay 10x's the rent in real life going from a 2 bed apt to a 3 bed apt, thats just crazy.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Please fix this ASAP, I mean like in update 6 at the latest.  Please do not let this linger any longer.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Gherig McComas</DIV> <P>Message Edited by Aethn on <SPAN class=date_text>03-30-2005</SPAN> <SPAN class=time_text>05:39 AM  Added my name</SPAN></P><p>Message Edited by Aethn on <span class=date_text>03-30-2005</span> <span class=time_text>05:48 AM</span>

Miral
03-31-2005, 11:45 AM
on the other hand, house customizations cost a hell of a lot less in Qeynos... maybe that is the rationalizing behind the higher cost...

Aethn
04-02-2005, 05:56 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Aethn wrote: <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Now as for the weak, no bassis arguement that it costs more gold to upgrade a freeport house then a qeynos house, HOGWASH !!  it does not cost that much.  In a weeks time, the Qeynosian will pay ~55 GOLD more in rent after just 7 days, it doenst cost 55 gold to upgrade walls and floors in freeport.  So for the next 51 weeks out fo teh year, teh Qeynosian pays almost 28 pp MORE then the Freeportian for the same exact level home.  I do not for one minute believe the DEV team intended this huge cost burden on Qeynos.  28 pp for the average player in EQ2 is unobtainable.  Might as well be a 20 room hotel, it still wont be affordable</DIV> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>I am going to repaste what I wrote before in response to this.  Sorry, Freeport customization does not cost 55gold PER WEEK to get.  I will give you a very conservative number and allow you 2 weeks at 55 gold for Freeport customization.  So, what about the other 50 weeks in a year the Qeynosian has to shell out an additional 26-27 PLATINUM, not gold or silver, for the exact same size house?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This is bad, and needs to be looked at and fixed.  Some people play EQ2 because of the housing, status and house item system.  Personally myself, its the only reason I play the game.  If I wanted raw power or hardcore raiding, I would still be playing my 4 EQ1 accounts.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Gherig McComas</DIV>

Aethn
04-15-2005, 09:37 AM
<DIV>Still not fixed.  Are you guys even going to respond to it?</DIV>