PDA

View Full Version : A Quick question about tradeskills.

Tadok
03-12-2005, 01:43 AM
<DIV>Hi there. I have been doing a good bit of work on my tradeskills reciently and I was wondering if there have been some unanounced changes made reciently. For example on monday I made up 20 maple strong boxes for my wife's characters. at 21 the main combine was still blue but all of the sub combines were grey. I found it much more difficult to maintain pristine on the grey combines than on the main combine. My geocraft, timbercraft, and craftsmanship are all max per level, which at that point was 107/107. Yesterday (thursday) I was making some planed ash for skill and future use and I was getting critical failures every third or fouth progress update (a.k.a. -100,-100 or greater) yet my skill is still only a point or two from max for level. I went back to do some grey combines and was getting the same. I have gone back and checked the patch notes and seen nothing mentioned about tweaking tradeskills at all. Is the RNG just having a bit of fun with me right now or is there a bug or something. I have no clue just thought I would mention it. Thanks</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Labb Accident</DIV> <DIV>26 Guardian</DIV> <DIV>22 Carpenter</DIV> <DIV>Children of War</DIV>

Shunidar
03-13-2005, 05:06 AM
<DIV>Hey Labb.  This isn't some gloom and doom, but honestly I think SoE does not want us to make pristine easily post 20.  The rational behind this was people could simply mash the same buttons over and over until they made 99% pristine.  A few patches back, they changed crafting to consume much more power and slanted the game toward making pristines less common as the market was "flooded" with them.  This is the rational, and from the outside looking at numerical statistics, it makes sense.  Don't get me wrong, I think they totally missed the mark, even if it makes some number look more like what they want.  But this was the reasoning and is probably why you are having trouble making blue items.  That does not change and will continue no matter your subclass or level.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The impression I have gotten from reading feedback from the devs, is that with really nice drops becomming more common they will give crafters a way to make thier materials more attractive.  This COULD include the ability to tweak stats and add procs.  Unfortunately, crafting as it currently stands is a very unattractive way to spend your time compared to adventuring or alting.  Everyone has sad stories about thier classes, so take this for what it is worth.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The actual point I am trying to make is that you are supposed to be having a hard time making pristine, and the hope is, is that having pristine in later versions of the game will be more worthwhile.  </DIV>