PDA

View Full Version : Bugs - Mage Class

BardicOne
03-11-2005, 01:58 PM
<DIV>I thought it would be good to start a thread based on bugs that we are finding in just the mage classes alone.  This way we will have one central location to post all bugs for review, as well as using /bug ingame.  We might also be able to find out if some of the things we perceive as bugs are in fact ment to be.</DIV>

BardicOne
03-11-2005, 02:04 PM
<DIV>I'll start off the thread.  Here are some bugs I've found playing both enchanter and sorcerer (wizard).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>- Mobs warping after rooted.</DIV> <DIV>What happens is after a mob is rooted, if it is damaged again from a spell (including DoTs) it will warp to the casters postion.  It can be very dangerous to the caster as the mob will keep doing it the entire encounter. This bug has been around for quite a while now.  It seems to be totally random and doesn't happen very often.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>-HO starter (Arcane Auger) breaking root/mez</DIV> <DIV>What happens is after a mob is rooted or mezzed, if a mage starts a HO using the Arcane Auger skill, there is a chance of it breaking the root or mez.  The HO starter does no damage and heals the mage for minimal health.  In testing this all my roots and mezzes have been App IV to Adept II (class traits).  This seems to be a bug to me, but has been around as long as I've played mages.  I've noticed my chances of breaking roots especially are around 20%.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>-High Resist rate on mobs (after patch on 3/9/05)</DIV> <DIV>All mobs seem to have had their resist rates dramatically increased since the patch on that date.  I've had encounters with five to six resists in a row when before two resists would be considered high.  Was there a change that was forgotten to have been posted in the notes or was this an accident?</DIV>

Miral
03-14-2005, 03:12 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <P> <HR> </P> <P>BardicOne wrote:</P> <P>- Mobs warping after rooted.</P> <DIV>What happens is after a mob is rooted, if it is damaged again from a spell (including DoTs) it will warp to the casters postion.  It can be very dangerous to the caster as the mob will keep doing it the entire encounter. This bug has been around for quite a while now.  It seems to be totally random and doesn't happen very often. <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>You know I've NEVER seen this before, but then today, doing the qeynos warlock quest, it happened with EVERY mob in the tower....</P> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> BardicOne wrote: <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>-HO starter (Arcane Auger) breaking root/mez</DIV> <DIV>What happens is after a mob is rooted or mezzed, if a mage starts a HO using the Arcane Auger skill, there is a chance of it breaking the root or mez.  The HO starter does no damage and heals the mage for minimal health.  In testing this all my roots and mezzes have been App IV to Adept II (class traits).  This seems to be a bug to me, but has been around as long as I've played mages.  I've noticed my chances of breaking roots especially are around 20%.<BR> <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>Hm I've only noticed this one since update 3 I think it was... now it seems anything but DoT's break root 100% of the time for me... And even DoT's break it if they are cast AFTER the root, and contain some other effect (like my Incineration that lowers heat resistance)<BR></P>

Shunidar
03-16-2005, 01:31 AM
<DIV>The changes to allow more buffs displayed in the maintained window along with who the target is upon mouseover are very welcome additions.  However, when you mouseover, it never actually tells you the real target of the spell, it just says "target:cyranel" aka the caster, even if you were not the target.</DIV>

bcbroom
03-16-2005, 04:04 AM
<DIV>High number of resists are just for Mages, my wife's Cleric has seen this as well.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This is for a 15 cleric against blue/green gnolls (some solo, some groups, and some ^^)</DIV> <DIV>Smite - resisted maybe 50%</DIV> <DIV>Radiant Strike - slightly higher resists</DIV> <DIV>Gnoll Master - resisted maybe 75-85% (ie almost never) and this is a Master level spell.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I'll try to get some numbers out of our logs to get actual percentages, but the resist level is high enough that she can almost never complete the starter, smite, smite HO (basic priest HO).  This seems to high to me.</DIV>

bcbroom
03-16-2005, 04:07 AM
<DIV>-duplicate post-</DIV> <DIV>-deleted-</DIV><p>Message Edited by bcbroom on <span class=date_text>03-16-2005</span> <span class=time_text>08:08 AM</span>