PDA

View Full Version : Why no vitality bonus xps for quests?

Lancealittle
03-03-2005, 07:57 PM
<DIV>I guess it was going to be too easy to xp with quests, but I think this goes away from the whole vitality concept.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I was thinking that the recent increase in quest xps was an attempt to make it less rewarding to just grind away at mobs to get xps. I guess now people will grind away till out of vitality and then they might quest.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I know I was loving the changes to the quest xps and rewards since I'm a casual player. I don't go below 50% vitality and I spend most of my time questing. With the bonus I was getting about 5% per quest at level 32, but in the time it took me to get that I still could have been grinding with a group for more.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If a vitality bonus on top of the quest xp increase was too much, then why not just put the quest xps back the way they were? That way people can still use their vitality bonus however they want to. </DIV>

CerraWhisperwind
03-07-2005, 09:06 AM
My guess is they actually made quests totally independant of modifiers so the mentor bonus wouldn't affect it. It was probably easier or more practical to just cut it off of any modifier than to special code it for only the mentor bonus.

yaen
03-08-2005, 03:52 AM
<DIV>i have a feeling cerra is right</DIV> <DIV>5% exp bonus * 5 group members = 25% exp bonus for a quest turn-in with a full group of mentors</DIV> <DIV>disabling this probably meant disabling all quest exp bonuses =</DIV>