PDA

View Full Version : Test Population

goboy
02-24-2005, 06:01 AM
<DIV>I have been trying to figure out a way to get more people to play on the test server - lets face it, 118 people at peak hours is not truly enough to test half of the game mechanics.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So, how do you offer more incentive to play on test without having it become too full.  While I think 118 is too small, I also think 1000 would be too large and still keep a close-nit community.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I just wish we had a few more people on test is all.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Evadne
02-24-2005, 09:45 AM
Well among the 30 plus people I asked this same question of today you would be alone. Everyone who answered said the population was better and while a few more people would be alright, it was not needed. ~Eva

Archae
02-24-2005, 09:08 PM
<DIV>What would be nice and helpful though would be if we had the same benefits available to us as a large server.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Ie...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The main society for each city (FP/Q) should get boosted to level 10 or 15 (whatever the avg is for the highest on other servers).</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The Dev's should log in a lot of bots that just stand in their inn rooms selling stuff that would be seen in a normal broker.  Lets face it, the advantage of having 2000 folks on at peak and 1000 at other times is that your broker fills up with all the nice drops so you can find the adept I's you need if they drop fairly easily.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Etc (add yours)</DIV>

Kwoung
02-25-2005, 11:55 PM
<DIV>While I don't really think having devs selling dropped items would be that great an idea, it would be most benefitial to have our tradeskill societies leveled up. The basic societies are moving up, albiet slowly, but the advanced societies are basically stagnant, at least all the ones I belong to are and I don't see this changing. Would be nice to have them pumped up to a reasonable level to make testing and regular crafting a bit easier. Maybe a dev bot with a ton of status could join the main ones at least?</DIV>

goboy
02-26-2005, 01:01 AM
<DIV>I agree kwoung.  I don't see the lack of money in the economy as a bad thing since most costs are player driven.  I wonder, are guilds having the same problem with progression as tradeskill societies?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Kwoung
02-26-2005, 01:31 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> goboy wrote:<BR> <DIV>I agree kwoung.  I don't see the lack of money in the economy as a bad thing since most costs are player driven.  I wonder, are guilds having the same problem with progression as tradeskill societies?</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <P>Our guild is pretty small (maybe 10 active members?) and we are guild level 9 now, so it isn't that bad. We have been leveling with heritage quests, which are a lot easier to do here on Test, there is no equivilent  to a heritage quest for the wholesaler though.</P> <P>On a related note, we have quite a few crafters (serverwide) that are hitting tier 4, but we can not get tier 4 wholesaler tasks yet (what society level is required for that anyways?), which is really problematic. My wife likes her T3 48s tasks, but now we do not need any T3 stuff and she would like to move on to T4.. but gets no reward for it.<BR></P>

Evadne
02-26-2005, 05:56 AM
Kwoung, Mutti and Tes were in a level 20+ society on live and did not get t4 quests.and Fhir is leveling the same way...we are level 11.~Eva<p>Message Edited by Evadne on <span class=date_text>02-25-2005</span> <span class=time_text>04:57 PM</span>

Kwoung
02-26-2005, 06:31 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <P> <HR> </P> <P>Evadne wrote:<BR>Mutti and Tes were in a level 20+ society on live and did not get t4 quests.<BR></P> <P> <HR> </P> <P>In that case, it will be years (literally) before we get a society that high, and not sure it ever will, be due to folks leaving over time... a little help please? /beg</P> <P><BR></P></BLOCKQUOTE>

Corlin
02-26-2005, 08:57 AM
<DIV><FONT size=2>I believe Eva's point was that there are NO T4 tasks in game at this time (Test or Live).  Probably due to the ease with which you could make coin (assuming same scaling, T4 tasks would pay 4 * 48s == 1.92g for 20-30 minutes of harvesting).</FONT></DIV>

Kwoung
02-26-2005, 09:10 AM
<DIV>My guild on live says they have T4 tasks.. so I am figuring they exist. As for that being a lot of golds, its not really that bad for the level at which it takes to get those tasks.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Kwoung on <span class=date_text>02-25-2005</span> <span class=time_text>08:12 PM</span>

bcbroom
02-26-2005, 10:13 AM
<DIV>This brings back the harvesting vs adventuring reward.  Yes, if there are t4 quests (some confirmation?) you should be able to get a gold or two for your time, but you are also in an area where you can get that much in loot fairly easily.  You still have go make the long trip there, build up harvesting levels, find the right parts, and get all 15 peices.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If the restriction is simply that the society isnt high enough, there has to be something that can be done about that.  The highest wholesale society on test is lvl 6. The other highest is lvl 4.  The one in Longshadow (lvl 4) has two people that have done about a hundred tasks each.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>BTW, on society level, is it based on average points per member, or just on total points? If it is based on average, can something be added where you drop from society if you dont do a task in  some amount of time?  There are 250 in the longshadow wholesale society, but only 30-40 have done more than 3 or 4 tasks.  People should be able to re-join, but this would weed out the alts that joined and did none or only a few tasks.  Again, if level is based on total points, there is no reason to do this.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I would definitely agree that it would be nice to have some higher level societys to see how they work.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>-------</DIV> <DIV>Razrushadt </DIV> <DIV>30 Wizard</DIV> <DIV>27 Alchemist</DIV>

bcbroom
02-26-2005, 10:14 AM
<DIV>duplicate response...deleted</DIV> <DIV>-------</DIV> <DIV>Razrushadt </DIV> <DIV>30 Wizard</DIV> <DIV>27 Alchemist</DIV><p>Message Edited by bcbroom on <span class=date_text>02-26-2005</span> <span class=time_text>02:14 PM</span>

tesarei
03-04-2005, 06:08 PM
<DIV>from what i understand your sociaty had to be lvl 30 to get tier 4 tasks.</DIV> <DIV>I thought i saw a post that had that changed but i havend done a task in long while.</DIV>

Kwoung
03-04-2005, 09:35 PM
<DIV>My request still stands on this issue... It would be great to get some help with leveling our societies up. I am normally 100% against anything artificial on the Test server, but I see this as more than a major roadblock, I seriously doubt we can ever get our societies to level 30 here. Of course, just removing the requirement to have the society level 30 and just base it on character levels would be even better... as I don't see the point of having to "unlock" wholesaler tasks in the first place.</DIV>