PDA

View Full Version : v1708L and Tradeskilling Buyback

Corlin
02-20-2005, 03:44 PM
<DIV><FONT size=2>Just a quick confirmation that finished products do indeed sellback for a tad over costs.  Not sure how Sony computes these things, but here are my numbers [<FONT color=#ffff00><STRONG><EM>EDITED to reflect crafting as of 10AM EST on Feb 20</EM></STRONG></FONT>]...</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Patch Note =></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><EM><STRONG><FONT color=#ffff00>- Crafted products will now sell back to NPC vendors for the cost it took to produce them. This value is stored on each item, so two of the same item may sell back for different values depending on the cost of production of each. If you bought components from an NPC merchant, the merchant cost will be used as the component's value. Please note that this value does not take into account any profit made by other players selling components used to make the finished item, only the manufacturing cost of the item itself.</FONT></STRONG></EM></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Took time and care to be absolutely certain that I was creating/using all bits post patch.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>As a 34th Alchemist, I see the following at tier 4:</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New" color=#66ff33 size=2><STRONG>Wash/Oil/Resin/Temper   <FONT color=#ffff00>costs  0.59s   </FONT><FONT color=#66ffff>sells for  0.61s  </FONT><FONT color=#ffccff>~103% of cost</FONT></STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New" color=#66ff33 size=2><STRONG>Reagent                 <FONT color=#ffff00>costs  2.89s   </FONT><FONT color=#66ffff>sells for  3.00s  </FONT><FONT color=#ffccff>~104% of cost</FONT></STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New" color=#66ff33 size=2><STRONG>Dye                     <FONT color=#ffff00>costs  5.78s   </FONT><FONT color=#66ffff>sells for  5.48s  </FONT> <FONT color=#ffccff>~95% of cost</FONT></STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New" color=#66ff33 size=2><STRONG>Ink                     <FONT color=#ffff00>costs  8.67s   </FONT><FONT color=#66ffff>sells for  8.03s  </FONT> <FONT color=#ffccff>~93% of cost</FONT></STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><STRONG><FONT face="Courier New" color=#66ff33 size=2>Combat Art              <FONT color=#ffff00>costs 11.56s</FONT>   <FONT color=#66ffff>sells for 12.11s  </FONT><FONT color=#ffccff>~105% of cost</FONT></FONT></STRONG></DIV> <DIV><STRONG><FONT face="Courier New" color=#66ff33 size=2></FONT></STRONG> </DIV> <DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>All numbers from reagent on assume that you sell back the loam produced as well.  I assumed no cost for roots/stones (yes, time is coin, but didnt track that here).  Note penalty cap still exists on WORTs, but why sell those to a vendor anyway, too many ways to put them to good use.</FONT></DIV></DIV><p>Message Edited by Corlin on <span class=date_text>02-20-2005</span> <span class=time_text>07:23 AM</span>

Shazzbott_Feldercarb
02-20-2005, 06:04 PM
I was leveling up a low artisian(yea experience boost) last night. I was making elm dowels and tin struts. Total cost of components for tin strut was 40c for 40 fossil temper, 160c for coal. Cost per unit, 10c. This was also the price for the finished items I sold back. I also tested agains elm dowels. 160c for sandpaper, 280c for resin. Per unit cost was 11c, same price I sold them back for.Shazz

Corlin
02-20-2005, 07:10 PM
<DIV><FONT size=2>Shazz - it's possible only finished items (not refines, or interim) track and return costs?</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>I believe subs and refines are still a hodge podge of pricing.  Did you make any </FONT><FONT size=2>furniture</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>or other finish-type items?  Did they sell for a price equal to your costs?</FONT></DIV><p>Message Edited by Corlin on <span class=date_text>02-20-2005</span> <span class=time_text>07:22 AM</span>

bcbroom
02-21-2005, 09:53 AM
<DIV>I saw very similar numbers for t3 alchemist (lvl 25)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>WORT - cost (58c fuel + 6c water = 64c) made 4 units, each sold for 16c (64c total)</DIV> <DIV>Reagent/loam cost 74c - sold both for 76c total</DIV> <DIV>dye - cost 1.12s, sold for 1.15s</DIV> <DIV>ink - cost 1.86s, sold for 1.95s</DIV> <DIV>skill upgrade - cost 3.18s, sold for 3.33s</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Also, i noticed some price fluctuations for quality level on WORTs and did some more checking.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>pristine (this is for thyk oil, if it matters) made 4, each sold for 16c (64c total)</DIV> <DIV>step 1 (makes 1, only) sold for 64c</DIV> <DIV>step 2 (makes 2) sold for 33c each.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So they are either taging the different titles to costs, or each item somehow keeps track of the cost to make it.  The test (which I haven't done yet) would be to make a reagent/loam using a non-pristine, and see if the price is higher.</DIV> <DIV>--------</DIV> <DIV>Razrushadt</DIV><p>Message Edited by bcbroom on <span class=date_text>02-21-2005</span> <span class=time_text>01:54 PM</span>