PDA

View Full Version : Society Tasks

Blackguard
02-17-2005, 12:45 AM
I would like to solicit some feedback on tradeskill tasks. If you have performed a task for your society since last night's update, please provide your feedback on the reward. Thanks!

Ceruline
02-17-2005, 12:52 AM
Will do once I get home from work today. Wrote up something about the theoretical reward versus effort for provisioners here assuming the 20% profit designed in: http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tpriv&message.id=417

Shunidar
02-17-2005, 12:58 AM
<DIV>Was there a change to society rewards or is this based merely on cheaper fuel costs?  I will do some of those tasks tonight if I can get home early enough and let you know what I find.</DIV>

Ceruline
02-17-2005, 05:38 AM
Start:6:15 pmLook for 3 more wheat6:30 pm Found one wheat, 2 to go7:15 finished finding the three wheat I need7:37 Finished crafting 10 chilled carrot khalish2 combine recipeCosts - 2x 4c Fuel1x 6c liquid1x 6c yeast20c per unit cost - total cost of 2 silverTask Reward: 1s, 20cIt seems as if the reward is still only taking into account a single combine - the final combine used 10c worth of bought ingredients. 10x that is 1s, and 20% profit on that is 1s 20c - which is what I got.Of course, even had I gotten 2s 40c, 40c profit for a level 18 crafter for an hour and a half of work is pretty pointless. Especially with the lower provisioner fuel costs (A good thing, mind) the raw cost that we're getting 20% of is a pretty small number, especially considering the amount of work.

Evadne
02-17-2005, 05:55 AM
Ok, I made 10 Fayberry chocolate cakes.total cost=9.1 silverreward: 8.64 silver.As a provisioner I would never do these quests. I just cant see the point in wasting that valuable food...and time. Even if I broke even.Additionally, the quest given me was t3, perhaps because I am 36--not 40 in provisioner. While I am working in t4, I have not yet completed it.~Eva

Archae
02-17-2005, 01:15 PM
<DIV>After the 60% patch...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Solo making Tier 3 spells using apothocary and woodcraft for subcomponents</DIV> <DIV>Cost total, 65s44c for fuel/liquids.</DIV> <DIV>Reward: 77s76c</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So its not 60%, but maybe it would be if i were an alchemist making all my own stuff or if i bought from an alchmist at cost.</DIV>

Kwoung
02-18-2005, 02:54 AM
<DIV>I did a sage task for 10 spells (woot, I got an even level task even!), the payout was 7s 76c if I remember correctly. I have not figured this based purely on fuel costs yet, as my spreadsheet is rather more complicated than that, but the total cost to produce these spells solo would be in the 9s 50c range, making the tier 3 tasks a 2 silver loser.</DIV>

goboy
02-18-2005, 05:36 PM
<DIV>Kwoung,</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Are you positive on your cost for making T3 spells?  I did a spreadsheet for T2 spells and came up with 3-4 sp per spell before I just gave up.  I counted something on the neighborhood of 11 fuels to create the T2 spell - ok, I also added money to buy the liquids from the vendor.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Jaly</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Archae
02-18-2005, 08:45 PM
<DIV>All spells use the formula shown in this post I made:</DIV> <DIV><A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=a12&message.id=2702#M2702" target=_blank>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=a12&message.id=2702#M2702</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The only thing that changes is the cost of the fuel, if your using resources you harvested (SoE's assumption when doing pricing) then fuel cost is all that changes.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The forumla for a single spell uses 10 fuel for the combines and 3 fuel for the wash/oil/resin, so 13 fuel and 3 liquids, which for level 30-39 spells 30s 18c.  But if you make in batches of 10, and get pristines on all combines, that drops it to 26s 77c per spell, and if you have an alchemist that will make your inks for cost, thus avoiding the 2x fuel penalty, you can get it a little lower.</DIV>

Kwoung
02-19-2005, 01:49 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> goboy wrote:<BR> <DIV>Kwoung,</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Are you positive on your cost for making T3 spells?  I did a spreadsheet for T2 spells and came up with 3-4 sp per spell before I just gave up.  I counted something on the neighborhood of 11 fuels to create the T2 spell - ok, I also added money to buy the liquids from the vendor.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Jaly <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>Yes, my spreadsheet takes everything except non-pristine combines into account. I used 1cp for harvested resource price and the actual vendor prices on the components I needed to purchase (liquid, etc..). The price I listed was to make the materials on my own with the 2x fuel cost. The spreadsheet does take into account the fact that I get 4 washes / resins per combine and divides the resulting cost from a single combine by 4 to give the actual cost per was, etc..</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If you got a price that high, I am guessing you were using a model that only accounted for 1 wash or resin per fuel used instead of 4.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I will upload my spreadsheet to eq2test.com later today when I get home. BTW, the cost if I get a alchemist / woodworker to supply me the items for cost, is down around 5s or so.. but while that is feasable on Test, I don't think many live players are going to find suppliers willing to work for free... even a 2x markup on those items from a supplier would put the cost above what I can make them for myself.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Kwoung on <span class=date_text>02-18-2005</span> <span class=time_text>12:57 PM</span>

goboy
02-19-2005, 02:13 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kwoung wrote:<BR> <DIV>I did a sage task for 10 spells (woot, I got an even level task even!), the payout was 7s 76c if I remember correctly. I have not figured this based purely on fuel costs yet, as my spreadsheet is rather more complicated than that, but the total cost to produce these spells solo would be in the 9s 50c range, making the tier 3 tasks a 2 silver loser.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Maybe I am misreading this then.  Is your cost per 10 spells 9s 50c or is that per spell?  The way it reads is per 10 spells which would make each spell less then 1sp.  That is what has me confused.</FONT></DIV> <DIV></FONT> </DIV> <DIV>Jaly</FONT></DIV>

Kwoung
02-19-2005, 02:20 AM
<DIV>Yes, the price I gave was for 10 spells... (hope I didn't mess that up!)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Edit: Errr.. I think I screwed up, because I repriced my vendor spells to 30s last night as a 3x markup (rounded up to the nearest silver)... that would make it my cost as per spell.. gah.. did I just lose another gold doing these tasks?</DIV><p>Message Edited by Kwoung on <span class=date_text>02-18-2005</span> <span class=time_text>01:27 PM</span>

goboy
02-19-2005, 06:01 PM
<DIV>Well, we both were making mistakes.  I did quote the price for T2 correctly - I just realized last night that I am actually crafting T3 spells lol.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So my price to craft those should be the same as yours.  Now, here is the interesting part - sell a T3 spell to a vendor - 12 sp.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So yes, I would say you lost about a gold.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Kwoung
02-20-2005, 02:17 AM
<DIV>Ok, I double checked.. the figures were per spell... the task paid 77s 76c and spells costs were 94s 15c to make for the 10 required to complete the task solo. So ya, I would lose 16s 39c doing the task solo.</DIV>

Kwoung
02-20-2005, 02:18 AM
<DIV>Oh.. are they selling for 12s again? Last I looked they were down to 4s for tier 3 spells.</DIV>

goboy
02-20-2005, 02:35 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kwoung wrote:<BR> <DIV>Oh.. are they selling for 12s again? Last I looked they were down to 4s for tier 3 spells.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>Ok, they are now all 4s 5c.  That happened after todays patch.  Before the patch, i had a few that were 12 sp, I cannot remember which.</P> <P> </P>

bcbroom
02-21-2005, 10:02 AM
<DIV>My big problem with society tasks is the level is generally very far below what I want to do.  I still (at lvl25) get tasks for t2 items.  This has gotten better recently, because I have received some for items at my level and a level or two below. 6 levels, however, is way too low.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It is also much harder to do tasks for elixers/poisons because I cant make the bottles (jewelry, but not in the geomancy book - seperate issue)</DIV>

Torali
02-21-2005, 11:37 AM
<DIV>Late input here. Just got to the board.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Ok, level 38 provisioner here and I recieved a level 29 task. So, I did not have the resources available at first to do this task.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Savory Crayfish Casserole</DIV> <DIV>2.5 days to gather resources myself (Marjoram is horrid to find)</DIV> <DIV>44 minutes to actually combine</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Refine Marjoram</DIV> <DIV>1s 20c water</DIV> <DIV>2s 80c fuel</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Roasted Onions</DIV> <DIV>1s 40c fuel</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Baked Crayfish</DIV> <DIV>60c water</DIV> <DIV>1s 40c fuel</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Final combine</DIV> <DIV>1s 40c fuel</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Total to make: 6s 80c</DIV> <DIV>Reward: 15s 20c</DIV> <DIV>Profit: 8s 40c</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>NOTE: Not a bad profit if you only look at the time spent at the stove. I do not see provisioners doing these task anyway for a few reasons. 1. It wastes food and drink that is better used elsewhere  2. Though the profit here looks nice to some people, a provisioner can make much more in a lot less time selling that kind of food to players. (even with just a marginal mark-up) 3. The low levels the tasks seem to be leaves little incentive for the experience department. My task was green final combine and grey on all subs.</DIV>