PDA

View Full Version : v1694T and Alchemy Tradeskilling

Corlin
02-16-2005, 04:15 PM
<DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2>Patch v1694T as a 32nd alchemist ==></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2>Prices for fuels lowered (still more costly than Live servers)<BR>Prices for NPC vendor buyback increased (but lower than Live)<BR>Prices for suspensions unchanged (still cheaper than Live)</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2>[the following assumes WORTs always produced as pristine 4-pers]<BR></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2>WORTs (all tiers) still capped at 5c sale price to NPC vendor<BR>T4 WORTs cost 59c to make, sell for 5c (~8.5% of cost)<BR>T4 Reagent costs 2.89s to make, reagent and loam each sell for 50cp (together ~35% of cost)<BR><FONT color=#ffff00><STRONG>T4 Dyes cost 5.78s to make, sell for 7.2s (~125% of cost) Yummy BLING BLING!<BR></STRONG></FONT>T4 Inks cost 8.67s to make, sell for 7.28s (~84% of cost)<BR>T4 Combat Arts cost 13.86s to make, sell for 10.64s (~77% of cost)</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana color=#ffff00 size=2><STRONG>My guess is the tradeskill dev needs to check Dye spreadsheet formula (or I do!).</STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana color=#ffff00 size=2><STRONG>I doubt very much that we evil alchies should be mass producing dyes for profit.</STRONG></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana color=#ffff00 size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2>As an alchy - I could live with these prices.  I will continue to lose money (assuming you fix Dyes) if I refuse to be a merchant and just want to work my craft.  But sales to NPC vendors of overage while level grinding will not bankrupt me nearly as rapidly as the previous patches.  Plus I should easily be able to sell to players for non-hyperinflated prices and still turn a little profit (recall - I only need to break even to make me happy and continue crafting).</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2>BUT - realize that alchys still require the least amount of fuel to reach useful items.  Talking tonight with armorers and weaponsmiths (who need 11-14 fuels for finished products as compared to my paltry 5) it would appear they are still hemmorhaging coin.  Let them give you further details.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2>Toralu the Provisioner seemed rather happy with new fuels/prices.  She can fill you in.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2>Sub-combine books do now contain wash recipes, thank you.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2>I did not try workshop tasks (must head off for REAL work).  Will give those a go tonight.  Oh, and will make and test some of the new poisons/potions.</FONT></DIV><p>Message Edited by Corlin on <span class=date_text>02-16-2005</span> <span class=time_text>03:26 AM</span>

Corlin
02-17-2005, 02:33 PM
<DIV><FONT size=2>Small update:  The numbers above are slightly off.  The profit for Dye / Ink / Spell should be a touch higher since I did not include the 50c loam sale price (only added that in for reagent).</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>By the way - as of v1700T Dyes are still tidy profit makers (125% of cost) compared to all other items which are net loss.  Not sure if this is **working-as-intended (tm)** or a mistake (suspect the latter).</FONT></DIV>