PDA

View Full Version : EQ1 Style Vendor: Buying back what others sell

CerraWhisperwind
02-16-2005, 05:00 AM
It would be wonderfull if there was a special vendor in each tradeskill zone or even each community zone that acted like a second hand store. They would buy from players and offer those same items for sale for a markup. This would allow people to buy the things that others make to grind up levels and would be a money sink as well (instead of money merely changing hands from a player to player transaction, the difference between the buy and sell price would vanish from the game world). This would also help to stabilize prices on some common items that people commonly sell to merchants.Each vendor would have its own inventory that would be reset occasionally (once a day? every server down?) so it would not be a one stop shopping mall, one would have to shop around. I really liked it in EQ when I would find nifty things on vendors that others sold as junk.

Vilyadhos
02-16-2005, 05:31 AM
I completely agree. "Vendor diving" is a thing from EQ1 I miss alot in EQ2. There's a certain joy in finidng that much needed widget on a random merchant.I believe the merchants reset on server-drop in EQ1.Vily