PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Problems with the new Skills

Tadok
02-16-2005, 01:53 AM
<DIV>I am currently working my 18 craftsman to carpenter. Today I bought some of the new books so I could spend less time on my other tradeskillers and more on my main character. When I scribed the new books I had new versions of recipies in my book. I now have 4 recipies for Burlap thread, 3 for burlap yarn, and a great many others where I now have 2 or more recipies. Now I have to use different skills for different recipies yet in some cases I get the old failures instead of the new ones. This makes succes very difficult as the new spell descriptions dont have the old failures listed for use to counter and you cant use the old spells. I believe this wont be much of an issue in the highger levels of tradeskilling as you do not get as many crossover recipies yet it is going to be a major issue 10 thru 19. If you could take a look at this please.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Labb</DIV>

Tadok
02-16-2005, 06:47 AM
<DIV>OK to add to my issues with these new skills. I made the mistake of buying the timbercraft book. Now I cant make any of my componants pristine because all my skills are set at 45. If this is my fault I can deal with it but now I have to do a lot of random grinding at great expense due to the new fuel costs to get my skills up to make furniture at the quality level I was producing before these new skills were introduced. If this was my mistake please warn people before this goes to the live servers that they should not purchase these books in their primary skill, aka craftsman should not buy the timbercraft, outfitters should not geomancy, ect,ect. Thanks</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Labb</DIV>

C
02-16-2005, 07:24 AM
<DIV>Thanks for this information.  We'll look into it right away.</DIV>

CerraWhisperwind
02-16-2005, 08:47 PM
You should now have multiple recipies for the same sub combines, one using your old skills one using your new ones. See if you can't find the old recipie, it should still be there and work like it used to.