PDA

View Full Version : Crafting success changes?

Kwoung
02-04-2005, 08:01 AM
<DIV>Not sure if something has changed or if some of my newer recipies are just insanely more prone to failure, but as a 18 Craftsman, I am having serious trouble with level 16 recipies.. Orange Juice and Black Tea in particular. I end up having to restart the session 3/4 the time because the pristine bar poofs before I even get a crude item made and using all 3 durability buffs I still tend to drop durability faster than it goes up.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>My skills in Craftsmanship and Culinary are both at 96, Artistry is 94 at level 18.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The huge problem with this, is not only was it already a time consuming burden to make stacks of food sub-components, but now even on the combines I didn't have to start over.. it takes forever just to complete the item. It is looking like it is going to take me most of the night to create a single stack of Refreshing Black Tea, nevermind combining it with the Orange Juice to make the final product of Orange Tea.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If this is intended, I would like to suggest a serious decrease in the failure rate of food combines, it is already impossible for provisioners to supply more than a few friends with food. Anyhow, I have not experienced this before tonight, unless I was trying to make even level items, and I have worked through artisan and craftsman exclusively making food items. Items 2 levels below my skill were previously very quick and failure free for the most part to make.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Another observation... It seems my durability buffs are giving more progress than my progress buffs are. My progress buffs do nothing more than hammer the durability in huge chunks and add no additional progress over the norm.. possibly even less than normal.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Kwoung on <span class=date_text>02-03-2005</span> <span class=time_text>07:55 PM</span>

Evadne
02-04-2005, 09:10 AM
I had that same issue at that level...maybe not quite so bad.It didnt improve until I was 30.But, I have not crafted in 3 days, so I can check it tomorrow afternoon.

Kwoung
02-04-2005, 02:02 PM
<DIV>It did calm down some later on (must have been some seriously bad luck), but I still ended up restarting close to hlf the time. Even after hitting 19, still making Black Teas, I was getting an unusual amount of failures... and now the items is 3 levels lower than my skill.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Seems like something is either up with crafting in general or the orange, tea and orange tea recipies... as I am burning through stacks of coal (failure = lost fuel), not that the cost bothers me.. it is just a way of noticing how many restarts I have to do.</DIV>

BardicOne
02-04-2005, 10:49 PM
<DIV>I had the same problems last night.  I was getting huge failure after failure working on my metalworking recipes on the forge.  One that stands out was I was using mostly durability buffs and still kept droping.  I went from pristine to almost shaped.  Was just about two ticks away from dropping to that.  Never have I had such back luck.  Here's to hoping they tweaked it in the patch last night.</DIV>

Moorgard
02-06-2005, 12:34 AM
<DIV>Nothing was deliberately changed, and as far as I know there wasn't anything touched that would affect chances for success. If this continues to be an issue please make note of it.</DIV>