PDA

View Full Version : Vitality UI bug, temp fix, and whats wrong

Agathorn
02-03-2005, 08:21 PM
<DIV>Ok this was brought to my attention last night by Kumu.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><STRONG>The bug:</STRONG><BR>If you mouse over your experience bars to see how much experience you have, it does NOT update until you get a vitality update.  IE If you log in and have 30% experience, then kill some stuff and now have 35% experience, mousing over the bars will still show you as 30% experience until the vitality update comes in.  At which time it will correctly show 35% experience.  This is only in the mouseover not the bars themselves.  The progress bars still show the right information.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><STRONG>The cause:</STRONG><BR>What is causing this is that the mouseovers for /GameData.Self.VitalityUpperMarker and /GameData.Self.VitalityLowerMarker marker display the current experience but they don't update properly until the next vitality update.  The way the default UI's experience bar is layed out, the widgest for these two dynamic data objects OVERLAY the actual experience progress bars so any mouseover events get sent to them instead of to the base bars.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><STRONG>The Temporary fix:</STRONG><BR>To fix this temporarily what I did was move the two widgest that control the vitality upper/lower markers away from the experience bars and shrunk them a tad so as to not really increase the space used up by the experience bar that much.  This left the mouseovers clear to react on the actual progress bars thus allowing the correct tooltips.  I will link in the XML file here for those who want it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><STRONG>The way to correctly fix this:</STRONG><BR>To fix this properly without modifying the epxerience bar the dynamic data tags need to be fixed so that they return the current up to date experience information in the tooltip.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Here is the fixed experience bar:</DIV> <DIV><A href="http://www.eq2test.com/viewtopic.php?p=1928#1928" target=_blank>http://www.eq2test.com/viewtopic.php?p=1928#1928</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Enjoy.</DIV>