PDA

View Full Version : v1659T and Tracking

Corlin
02-03-2005, 03:28 PM
<DIV><FONT size=2>Tracking has changed with 1659T.  As a level 23 Troubador, I constantly get the following message =></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face="Courier New" color=#ffff00 size=2>You are too far away to be led to your destination.  Your goal lies somewhere to the **insert compass direction here**</FONT></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>In fact, I have not seen a wisp trail since loading this version.  To test this I picked a wide open outdoor patch of the Thundering Steppes, where I could see most of the mobs by eye, even without track.  Then I picked a unique critter (a non aggro one) and proceeded to stand anywhere from smack dab next to it, backing up till it dropped off track list.  Kept mashing the track button.  Always the same result... "you are too far away, etc etc".  For me, tracking is now just a run in this general direction skill.  Perhaps this works better for rangers, or at a higher level the wispy trail returns.  (*shrugs*)  If this is the *new* version of track, then please change the text message, as distance is not a factor.  Just say the "Your goal lies..." part.  Or change it back to EQLive where it's just messages of "ahead and to the left" etc etc.  As it is now I keep thinking I will get a wispy trail if only I get closer (but I never do).</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT size=2>Was this intended (tm)?  Are other scouts seeing the same issue?  If you still get trails, please post sub-class / level / zone and mob, so we can all try it...thanks!</FONT></DIV><p>Message Edited by Corlin on <span class=date_text>02-03-2005</span> <span class=time_text>02:49 AM</span>

Euramon
02-03-2005, 03:52 PM
I've noticed the same thing, I can be standing right next to a mob and it will say its You are too far away to be led to your destination. I tried stanind right behind a Darkpaw mystic, which was the only one in the area and still got You are too far away to be lead to your distination.<p>Message Edited by Euramon on <span class=date_text>02-03-2005</span> <span class=time_text>02:55 AM</span>

Corlin
02-04-2005, 05:06 AM
<DIV><FONT size=2>You are most likely aware of this by now, but there are no wispy trails for quests (including spirit shards) now either.</FONT></DIV>

gemic
02-04-2005, 08:10 AM
No wisp trails for the Welcome to Freeport Quest either. It used to show you from one spot to another while you learned the town layout.

Kwoung
02-04-2005, 01:24 PM
<DIV>The wisps are on strike for better working conditions!</DIV>

Corlin
02-04-2005, 06:44 PM
<DIV>Never mind - move along - nothing to see here.  Version 1662T (patched this morning) has restored wisps to their former vaporous glowing trails, at least for tracking.</DIV>