PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Inn Room upgrades?

Kwoung
02-01-2005, 06:21 AM
<DIV>In Freeport it costs over a gold each for walls, floors, etc.. upgrades in the basic Inn Room. It just came to my attention though, that the same upgrades in the (considerably nicer) Qeynos Inn Rooms only cost 60 silver or so?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thought it might be a bug in the pricing that it costs double for upgrades in Freeport rooms, or is that intended?</DIV>

Corlin
02-01-2005, 09:41 AM
<DIV><FONT size=2>Freeport has to import color and light from the land of Beauty and Righteousness.  Those smuggler's fees really add up.</FONT></DIV>

Zindicatt
02-01-2005, 09:19 PM
<DIV>We like to be in the dark.  It makes us feel safe.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Seriously though, before upgrade, the floors and walls are made of rotten planks.  After upgrade, the room still looks like a cave.  Of course, it is a design issue that we brought up even in beta: Evil != dirty, tastless, or nasty.  The rats I can see *snicker*, but dark elves?  I'd like to think that those guys would turn even a mud cave into a paradise before they'd move in.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I have side-tracked but let's get back to the topic.  What is the logic behind pounding the evil to the dirt as far as look and feel of our environment goes and on top of that makes it more expensive if we at least want to wear dry clothes sometimes? </DIV>

Evadne
02-01-2005, 09:45 PM
I have noticed something strange...there are more awnings and balconies in Longshadow Alley....I think.

Jon
02-02-2005, 04:16 PM
<blockquote><hr>Zindicatt wrote:<DIV>We like to be in the dark. It makes us feel safe. </DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>What is the logic behind pounding the evil to the dirt as far as look and feel of our environment goes and on top of that makes it more expensive if we at least want to wear dry clothes sometimes? </DIV><hr></blockquote>Evil is pounded in the dirt on many fronts. Good can go outside their gates and hop on a griffen. Evil must travel quite a ways and in the lower levels though some danger to hop on a griffen. Evil must do an access quest to get to their late teens dungeon, Good doesn't.If good wants to travel to Nektulos, there's no aggro between Antonica and the bell to Nektulos. If Evil wants to travel to Thundering Steppes they must travel through dense aggro to get to the bell.It seems for nearly everything Good has, Evil has a harder or less appealing counterpart. So much so that it must be intentional.There's an NPC in Beggar's Court that sums it up nicely: "Only the strong survive in this city. Nice knowing you."

Evadne
02-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Exactly. I betrayed to Qeynos once. I really didn't like it. I find the challenge of Freeport more thrilling. Still, I would like to be able to make my Inn Room look nifty.~Eva

Linolil
02-03-2005, 07:25 AM
I really believe that Dark Elf should be able to fix up their places like palaces... Their focus is on power and prestige. They simply would not stand for such a primative environment. Heck they would simply inslave all of the squatters in the sprawl to build them something worthy of their stature.

CerraWhisperwind
02-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Perhaps a racial upgrade that varies by race tendencies? Caves vs castles vs tree house vs hobbit holes...