PDA

View Full Version : First impressions of the patch

Jon
01-28-2005, 01:05 PM
My new AQ armor is wicked cool! Oh and my helm now fits my left ear.Solo friendly encounters? Uh, the one I encountered (me 28, it 25), a nek marauder, cleaned the floor with me. I'm a well equipped brigand and I was like paper. I stood no chance at defeating it.Tabbed chat a bit buggy. The tab for one window I moved was named "Tab 20" so there are a few issues there. Too tired to look further than a first look right now but they sure look promising. Inventory window art is now misplaced. Arm icon showing in the head slot, etc.Did I mention how wicked cool my new armor art is?Vitality vials showed empty for me even though I've not hunted in several days and never tradeskilled.G'night

Corlin
01-28-2005, 02:27 PM
<DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2>Adventure Vitality is zero after each zoning, and doesnt reset to proper value until you gain some exps.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2>AGI "adjustments" really affect scouts.  As a 21st troubador, yesterday I was able to solo a 22nd level solo yellow con mob (straight, no ^ or ^^) ending the battle with 20% health and power (I have no Armor Quest items yet, and my weapons are green/blue cons now, my abilities are App4s).  Today I have difficulty with an 18th level blue, but can best them about 50% of the time.  The notes said AGI was being adjusted downward, just wanted to confirm that.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Verdana size=2>My AC went from ~740 to over 1900, to reflect my skills at dodging blows.  Will try to compare damage received with other classes with similar AC later today.</FONT></DIV>

Jon
01-28-2005, 07:47 PM
I moved a copy of the adventure vitality indicator to my player window so I could more easily observe its behavior.When I logged in it showed correctly that I had 100% vitality. When I zoned from Commonlands to Nektulos it displayed 0%. It appears to not refresh in the UI when zoning. As soon as I killed something for exp it updated to 99% vitality.BTW, I suspect that Vitality will end up causing much headache. Just my personal opinion. I logged in to one of my other characters that I knew would be low vitality. I also knew when that character last killed something. The displayed vitality, 13%, was disheartening. The slow accumulation of the bonus might end up being a problem for the masses, much like a rest/bonus system was for another unnamed game during its testing.

Agathorn
01-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Guys would be nice to post this stuff in the thread designed for it. To keep it all in one spot.

Jon
01-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Agathorn, we have a whole forum to use. There's no need to keep it all in one thread making it hard to follow topics. Yeah, my initial topic could have gone in there, but as it was 3am I was simply posting.But keeping everything in one thread in this forum is ludicrous. There should be mostly signal here. Not liek the noise in the open forums.</span><p>Message Edited by Jon on <span class=date_text>01-28-2005</span> <span class=time_text>08:00 AM</span>