PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this?

Omegafoxx
01-28-2005, 09:37 PM
<DIV><EM>I was reading through the patch notes as i was updating and came across this:</EM></DIV> <DIV><STRONG><FONT color=#ffcc00></FONT></STRONG> </DIV> <DIV><STRONG><FONT color=#ffcc00>*** Mechanics ***</FONT></STRONG></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>- Huge differences (including buffs and debuffs) in stats such as Agility will no longer have as pronounced an effect in battle.<BR></DIV> <DIV>-----------------------------------</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It may be just the way its worded, but i dont understand what this means, can someone be kind enough to explain?</DIV>

KroviusTu
01-28-2005, 10:44 PM
<DIV>There was a thread in the Assassins forum regarding agility buff stacking and 300+ AGL.  It would make a character with decent avoidance virtually untouchable.</DIV>

KroviusTu
01-28-2005, 10:48 PM
<DIV>Correction: it wasn't the Assassin forum... here's the link: <A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=203&message.id=4085" target=_blank>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=203&message.id=4085</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I guess the devs read that one.</DIV>

Miral
01-29-2005, 03:57 AM
<DIV>and instead of correcting the issue they made stats have virtually no effect. bye bye scouts and monks, nice knowin ya... better hope that warrior or crusader can taunt</DIV>

Cyneric
01-30-2005, 11:38 PM
So you translate 'will no longer have as pronounced an effect in battle' into no effect?

Bryerwo
01-30-2005, 11:49 PM
If I recall, a monk falls under the fighter class so a monk should be able to fill a tank role in a group. Since monks don't have heavy armor, they make up for that with avoidance through agility. If the monk class gets an agility nerf, then they'll take severe damage and would then be unable to fill the tank role as efficiently. The class description of the monk from the EQ2 site even states that: "Their natural agility allows them to avoid their enemie's blows and strike back with clean, efficient counterattacks." If a monk has managed to find better light armor and spell buffs to increase their agility to the point where they take very little damage from mobs, then my guess is that a fighter class with heavy armor can get better armor and armor buffs to mitigate damage just as well.

Bruge
01-31-2005, 12:02 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Bryerwood wrote:<BR>If I recall, a monk falls under the fighter class so a monk should be able to fill a tank role in a group. Since monks don't have heavy armor, they make up for that with avoidance through agility. If the monk class gets an agility nerf, then they'll take severe damage and would then be unable to fill the tank role as efficiently. The class description of the monk from the EQ2 site even states that: "Their natural agility allows them to avoid their enemie's blows and strike back with clean, efficient counterattacks." If a monk has managed to find better light armor and spell buffs to increase their agility to the point where they take very little damage from mobs, then my guess is that a fighter class with heavy armor can get better armor and armor buffs to mitigate damage just as well.<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>The problem was that certain Agi buffs were stacking in a manner that was not intended, therefore chars that used Agi better than others were becoming almost untouchable. Due in part to the way whatever calculation is in place was using those 300+ agi numbers. </P> <P>I dont think they have any intention to nerf classes that use Agi as a main defensive component, they are just trying to rebalance it due to the stacking problem.</P> <P>I dont want to see any class get gimped like with some of the changes that happened before in EQ1 in the beginning. But it was also kinda ridiculous when classes that used Agi as a primary in their Defense calculations werent taking hardly any damage from 40+ mobs.</P> <P>Im pretty sure this change will overcompensate, and there will probably be some issues at first, but hopefully they will balance it out before to long. </P> <P>Each tank class should be good at certain situations, I.E. class of mob, number of mobs, level of mobs etc... Each one should do slightly better than any other in the right circumstances. But until this goes live, monks with a bard and warden in the group are out tanking every other class in every situation, and thats not how it should be. </P> <P>There should be a noticeable difference with the Agi buffs up, but it was a little extreme. Only time will tell if they compensated correctly for balance, or actually nerfed the hell out of Agi.</P>