PDA

View Full Version : Raid Changes Suggestion

XFact
01-28-2005, 01:07 PM
<DIV>Hello Towx here from Shadowed Strife on Befallen server.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I want to tell you raids I have been on and what I have expercienced so far. My guild has killed Soulsek's Fist twice, Vaz'Gok The Cursed three times, The Kra'Thuk twice and several other group X2 mobs. I didn't come here to boast about what we have accomplished though. I came here to state a couple issues we have encountered and would like to see addressed. So my hopes are that I am heard as a somone seeking to better this game's raids. Cause I live for raids and I want them to be enjoyable not a headache.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>First thing I would like to bring up is the fact that once a raid engages a mob if any member of that raid goes link dead he can not re join the raid. Now I know people will tell me that its the same for groups of 6 people but I ask you to take on one of these raid mobs and have 2 key people go link dead and it can almost certainly spell wipe in certain cases especially when you raid the 2 group mobs. My suggestion to this annoying factor is please implement something that allows members of a raid that is engaged in a encounter to re join by remembering the name of the character that went link dead and only he would be able to re enter the raid.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Second I would like to adress the issue of priests not being able to rez other priests in different groups of the same raid. Basically you force us to put 2 priest in each group in order to be able to rez priests that get killed. Making this game linear and not giving us the ablility to make dynamic groups that bring new life to the game for raid content. Instead you force us to make the perfect group for raids and its always something like "ok get in your groups you know what needs to be done routine". So my suggestion for this annoying factor A. Make rez stones that priests pass out useable during combat or B. Fix the game so priests  can rez other priests in the same raid but different groups.</DIV>

Wu
01-28-2005, 01:42 PM
<DIV>Very good points. Another thing to add is that some Raid Mobs give Quest Credits, meaning that if someone in the raid wents linkdead will not get a quest credit even when he is back when the mob still lives becauso of not getting back in group/raid.</DIV>

doobedoobedo
01-29-2005, 12:37 AM
<DIV>I too am from Shadowed Strife on the Befallen server and as Towx explained, these issues need to be brought up.  Take our latest raid for example. I forget the name of the mob, but it was a x2 group mob in Lavastorm, by far the most challenging mob we have faced yet, this mob was pumping out over 300dps throughout the whole fight.  We get the mob down to about 30%, two of our guildies that live in the same housing complex go linkdead at the same time, so immediately we are down to 10/12 people, we lose our ability to do arcane chalice (only mage in group), we lose a ton of buffs and our second healer (shaman).  We eventually wipe, although they were back before we did, if we would have been allowed to reinvite them it would have all been ok.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The second time we try it, we eventually killed it, but the only healer in the 2nd group was killed almost immediately off the bat, and of course he was the only healer in the group, so there he sat dead throughout the whole fight because the other 2 priests on the raid couldn't rez him because we weren't in the same group.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As Towx stated, please change it so we can reinvite during an encounter, not different people, but the same people that go linkdead, and please allow priests to rez anyone in the raid party.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thanks,</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Stumpy</DIV> <DIV>Officer Shadowed Strife</DIV> <DIV>50 Templar</DIV> <DIV>Befallen</DIV>

Spunk Monk
01-29-2005, 12:52 AM
<DIV>"but the only healer in the 2nd group was killed almost immediately off the bat, and of course he was the only healer in the group, so there he sat dead throughout the whole fight "</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Why didn't every member of the group have a feather/flower/clicky rez thing?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Itchy</DIV>

Ethi
01-29-2005, 01:41 AM
<DIV>I don't believe you can use a feather during combat.</DIV>

XFact
01-29-2005, 01:47 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Why didn't every member of the group have a feather/flower/clicky rez thing?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Itchy</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <P> </P> <P>Spunk Monkey how long have you actually played this game is my first question? Second question is after playing the game as long as you have you do not know rez stones will not work in combat?<BR></P> <P>Message Edited by XFactor on <SPAN class=date_text>01-28-2005</SPAN> <SPAN class=time_text>12:50 PM</SPAN></P><p>Message Edited by XFactor on <span class=date_text>01-28-2005</span> <span class=time_text>12:51 PM</span>

Kodros
01-30-2005, 09:15 PM
I guess everybody doesn't know everything. I didn't know that they couldnt be used in combat either. It's probably because I never had to actually use one during combat therefore how would I know?