PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of upgrading "Call" Spells?

Cusashorn
01-26-2005, 07:38 AM
<DIV>Call of Qeynos and Call of the Overlord all say "Apprentice 1" next to them.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I'm wondering if this is intentional that they're labeled as "Apprentice 1" or if this is just an oversight.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Maybe upgraded spells could be implemented. Guild rewards. For example, Your guild reaches level 5, and suddenly Apprentice 2 becomes available at city merchants. They cost well more than a few gold to act as a money sink, and a bit of status points too (but not too expensive). App2 Call spells would have a 25 minute recast time instead of 30. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>At level guild level 50, you could finally upgrade your spell to something of a 5-15 minute recast or so.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I don't see any problem with being able to gate back to your city a few minutes faster than before like that.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Just a thought.</DIV>

Palleon
01-26-2005, 06:42 PM
<DIV>I thought that they were upgradeable anyway, and that I just hadnt found anyone selling them yet...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Ah well, maybe I was just being hopeful :smileytongue:</DIV>

Ceeamee
01-26-2005, 06:46 PM
<DIV>Or maybe, to take it a step further, make city merchant buyable Call spells for specific zones.  eg: Call of Qeynos - North Qeynos.  Call of Qeynos - South Qeynos.  Things such as that.  I also really like the original posters idea about making some call spells with a lower cast. time.</DIV>

Kaknya
01-26-2005, 06:47 PM
<DIV>   What I keep hoping is that they would do something with odysee.. be nice to be able to port the whole group somewhere without having to wait 10 minutes between person along with the use of a stone..</DIV>

Encantador
01-26-2005, 09:03 PM
<DIV>Rather than shortening the recast time I would like to see different versions of the spell allow people to gate to different places. For example, App2 allows you to pick one predetermined fixed point in any newbie zone, app3 allows you to select a predetermined fixed location in any city zone, app4 allows you to select any point in any city zone [or perhaps just outside your house].</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The adept versions could allow you a second bind point in the same fashion.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Another idea that I like is to link the upgrades to the faction system. For example, award a new version of the spell when your faction with say the Arcane Scientists reaches amiable which allows you to recall back to the building they are based in.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

strix
01-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Until a few patches ago, these did not display App I on them, just as other non upgradable spells. Since about 4 weeks ago, they have just begun to show again. I assume this was a bug when they added training spells as that is about the time this happend. In beta, they displayed this way, until it was fixed shortly before live.

Dekiri
01-27-2005, 04:14 PM
<DIV>I would guess that they might use them for an expansion when they create new room for people to live. </DIV> <DIV>Maybe on another island where freeport and qeynos chars can both live and you can then upgrade to the specific "next level" of the spell.</DIV>