PDA

View Full Version : Well, for crying out loud!

ProtoDe
01-25-2005, 02:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr> <DIV> <HR> </DIV> <DIV>This board is intended for players on the Test server to provide feedback on new features and content. It is not a general server board, nor is it a place for non-testers to ask general questions or post opinions. <P></P> <DIV> <P><FONT color=#999999>Ryan "Blackguard" Shwayder</FONT></P></DIV></DIV> <DIV> <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <P> </P> <P>Well then for the love of Pete, Please create a forum for General Help and Suggestions like you have for the web boards themselves! </P> <P>Since there IS no obvious place on the boards for these kinds of posts, we find ourselves posting suggestions here and discussing them here, in what seems to be a vain attempt to get you guys to listen!</P> <P>So, how bout it?  Create the suggested forum for us and we can go have our discussions there and hopefully preserve this space for actual discussions of changes that you have actually made on the Test server.</P> <P>No brainer?</P> <P> </P>

Daffid011
01-25-2005, 02:54 AM
Your suggesting a new forum, so might be better posted in "Forum help and suggestions" forum. http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board?board.id=ForumHelp

Thesp
01-25-2005, 11:11 AM
<DIV>Or you could post your suggestions in the forum for that area of the game. Like if your suggestion is about guilds, post in the Guild Discussion forum, if its about a spell, post in the Spells, Abilities and Combat Arts forum.</DIV>

Spaceweed
01-25-2005, 07:16 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Thespar wrote:<BR> <DIV>Or you could post your suggestions in the forum for that area of the game. Like if your suggestion is about guilds, post in the Guild Discussion forum, if its about a spell, post in the Spells, Abilities and Combat Arts forum.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>And what if it's 'General Discussion'?</P> <P>This is the only 'major' forum I have seen, that doesn't have a [Removed for Content] area.  What if I want to make a post as to my opinions on 'all of the above' - shall I post that in every forum that has it's particular subject mentioned?</P> <P> </P>

Vindicis
01-25-2005, 07:53 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Spaceweed wrote:<BR><BR> <P>And what if it's 'General Discussion'?</P> <P>This is the only 'major' forum I have seen, that doesn't have a [Removed for Content] area.  What if I want to make a post as to my opinions on 'all of the above' - shall I post that in every forum that has it's particular subject mentioned?</P> <P> </P><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>Apparently the concept may be too adult for you to understand.  Tell you what, just PM me each time with your message and I'll tell you where it should be posted since it's so complicated for you.  It's all part of me giving back to the community by helping out the wee brainers.<BR> <p>Message Edited by Vindicis on <span class=date_text>01-25-2005</span> <span class=time_text>08:55 AM</span>

Ash
01-25-2005, 09:58 PM
<blockquote><hr>Spaceweed wrote:<BR><BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Thespar wrote:<BR><DIV>Or you could post your suggestions in the forum for that area of the game. Like if your suggestion is about guilds, post in the Guild Discussion forum, if its about a spell, post in the Spells, Abilities and Combat Arts forum.</DIV><BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><P>And what if it's 'General Discussion'?</P><P>This is the only 'major' forum I have seen, that doesn't have a [Removed for Content] area. What if I want to make a post as to my opinions on 'all of the above' - shall I post that in every forum that has it's particular subject mentioned?</P><P> </P><hr></blockquote>EQ1 and SWG don't have a general forum.No need to post it everywhere. Just pick one, whichever you think is most relevant or /feedback in game. Alternatively if you have something fairly general they want to discuss use your server boards.Posting it in the wrong forum doesn't make it more likely to be read by those you want to read it. Probably makes it less likely.

Thesp
01-25-2005, 10:31 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Spaceweed wrote:<BR><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Thespar wrote:<BR> <DIV>Or you could post your suggestions in the forum for that area of the game. Like if your suggestion is about guilds, post in the Guild Discussion forum, if its about a spell, post in the Spells, Abilities and Combat Arts forum.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>And what if it's 'General Discussion'?</P> <P>This is the only 'major' forum I have seen, that doesn't have a [Removed for Content] area.  What if I want to make a post as to my opinions on 'all of the above' - shall I post that in every forum that has it's particular subject mentioned?</P> <P> </P><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>If you're going to post about multiple subjects, what you do is you break it up into different posts for each subject and then place each one in the appropriate forum. There is no need for a general discussion forum except to create spam.</DIV>

Kaknya
01-26-2005, 01:38 AM
<DIV>...If your looking for a general chat for the test server... go to <A href="http://www.eq2test.com" target=_blank>www.eq2test.com</A> we have our own domain :smileyhappy:</DIV>

ProtoDe
01-27-2005, 09:31 PM
<DIV> <DIV>It would seem to be an obvious conclusion to post in a forum related to the topic you want to discuss, but what about when the topic doesn't sem to fit any of the predefined forums?  The thread that I grabbed that admonishment from Blackguard was the thread discussing the pros and cons of an offline vending model - where would you suggest the most appropriate place for that topic Mr. Condescension?  User Interface?  General Tradeskills?  Both?  Or maybe even a completely different forum?  Something like a Suggestions or General Discussion forum seems like an obvious answer - but I guess with Sony, we get what we get and either have to live with it or go away.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>After doing some digging, I found this over in the Forum Help section - guess Number 4 addresses this idea and just gives it the SonySmackdown:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=ForumHelp&message.id=2939" target=_blank>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=ForumHelp&message.id=2939</A></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Their reasoning seems sound and sensible, but sometimes there are things people want to discuss that just can't be easily determined to fit into one forum more than another, or is general enough that it could possibly fit into any and all forums - that's the only time I can see a General forum being most useful.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV></DIV><p>Message Edited by ProtoDewd on <span class=date_text>01-27-2005</span> <span class=time_text>08:37 AM</span>

Lancealittle
01-27-2005, 10:50 PM
<DIV>If they make a board called 'General Feedback' it would fill up so fast that you would never have your posts seen.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If people had a 'one stop' for any issue, then it would be the only board getting any posts. I think they avoided this on purpose. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Perhaps they can just remove the word tester from this board and let all those posts go here. May as well let everyone post here, and not just people who don't care that the board is for feedback from testers.</DIV>

CerraWhisperwind
01-28-2005, 10:11 AM
At this point they should just remove this forum as it has become useless.

aeio
01-28-2005, 10:16 AM
There are forums for pretty much every aspect of the game.What topic do you have that you can't find the appropriate forum to post in?They have topics for pretty much every aspect, so no matter what you have to post, it should fit in one of the appropriate topics. There is no need for a general forum.

aeio
01-28-2005, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><hr>Spaceweed wrote:<BR><BLOCKQUOTE><HR>Thespar wrote:<BR><DIV>Or you could post your suggestions in the forum for that area of the game. Like if your suggestion is about guilds, post in the Guild Discussion forum, if its about a spell, post in the Spells, Abilities and Combat Arts forum.</DIV><BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><P>And what if it's 'General Discussion'?</P><P>This is the only 'major' forum I have seen, that doesn't have a [Removed for Content] area. What if I want to make a post as to my opinions on 'all of the above' - shall I post that in every forum that has it's particular subject mentioned?</P><P> </P><hr></blockquote>If you have specific things about specific areas of the game to discuss, yes it would be best to make seperate posts and go to those seperate areas. That way players and developers interested in those areas will be much more likely to see them and respond.You are really supporting the idea that general forums are designed for the lazy.