PDA

View Full Version : Centaurs are WAY sensitive on test?

Kadurm
01-19-2005, 06:52 PM
<DIV>Recently while hunting in Thundering Steppes, our tank pulled a centaur to the group. He did not know that if you killed just one centaur that the whole race would then mark you as KOS. Even though myself and one other did no damage to the centaur, nor healed or buffed anyone that did attack it, we still recieved the faction hit from the death. (we would have disbanded from the group as to save the faction hit, but EQ2 does not allow adding or removing party members once combat is engaged )</DIV> <DIV> So, my question is this. Is this faction with the centaurs working as intended or are they just a tad too sensitive on faction hits.</DIV> <DIV>We do alot of harvesting and such in this Tier3 zone and most of the nodes are near centaurs. So you can see the negative effect this has had on us.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Delandr
01-19-2005, 07:01 PM
<DIV>Its been this was on live for as long as I can remember.</DIV>

Hun
01-19-2005, 08:40 PM
This is normal. The only way you can avoid the faction hit would have been to 1) yell for help, or 2) run as fast as possible away from the encounter (if you dont get xp from the kill, you dont get a faction hit).The only way you can undo this is to go murder some guards.Have fun!

Omegafoxx
01-19-2005, 08:46 PM
<DIV>If you con centars even before you kill them they have in green text "This creature looks at you threatningly" Which gives me the impression that they arent your buddies but if you stay out of their way they will stay out of yours, thats why if you kil one they mark you as enemies.</DIV>

Shazzbott_Feldercarb
01-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Well, if you were a horse's [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot](ok) backside, wouldn't you be sensitive?Edited to fix expletive.Shazz<p>Message Edited by Shazzbott_Feldercarb on <span class=date_text>01-19-2005</span> <span class=time_text>10:50 AM</span>