PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point of having monster voice overs and adding more?

Kulharr
01-19-2005, 11:12 AM
<DIV>When maybe 1 in every 30 times the monster uses text it actually comes out in voice dialogue...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I was fighting in Fallen Gate for a week and had probably killed well over 100 undead tier'dal, and out of those hundred, ONE of them spat out "What you do to me, I shall double unto you" I've seen the text many times but that was the first time it came out as dialogue.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This happens often, lots of text, rarely any dialogue like "You've shaken the dust from my bones" Why is it implemented and why are they adding more if you have to kill like 50+ of the same monster to hear them speak one line of dialogue?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Kwoung
01-19-2005, 12:20 PM
<DIV>Probably because, what you would like to hear right now, would get really old, really fast if they make it more common. If voices came out more often, everyone would be annoyed and want to disable them a month from now. This way it is a pleasant surprise when you hear one and spices up the game instead of detracting from it.</DIV>

Kulharr
01-19-2005, 12:32 PM
<DIV>They don't need to make it super common, 100% of the time but it's current rate is absolutly ridiculously low. I've clocked about 120 hours into EQ2 and have maybe heard 8 voice over dialogue's in the history of my fighting monsters.  Chances are by the time you've completely a quest for killing a paticular monster or are ready to move on because they no longer give experience, that you've hopefully been lucky enough to hear one of the monsters speak a single line if dialogue, IF your really lucky.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Miral
01-26-2005, 09:28 AM
<DIV>Because they said they still need to implement the new voices! Please, at least try to read and comprehend the update notes.... Once they implement the new voices, it will fill in the gaps where you go a long time without hearing anything. Hence the reason its an optional download, not implemented yet, just letting you get the download out of the way early...</DIV>

Kwoung
02-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Testing reply - seems to work fine <A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/view_profile?user.id=31035" target=_blank><SPAN>Kulharrin</SPAN></A><p>Message Edited by Kwoung on <span class=date_text>02-02-2005</span> <span class=time_text>11:15 PM</span>

Kulharr
02-04-2005, 01:00 AM
<DIV>I can reply in this thread now after that... I tried 3 seperate days and I kept getting the same problem... The other post can we locked then.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>