PDA

View Full Version : Great idea for some buff fixes and changes.

Bezado
01-19-2005, 02:01 AM
<DIV>Buffs lately for some class's have gotten a little intrusive and to the point down right boring for some class's. For instance a illusionist (chanter) has to recast haste and breeze evry what 3min? Thats insane amount of time in a group just recasting haste on your tanks and breeze for your priests and anyone who needs power regen. Gets to be a burden and a big bore casting haste and breeze non stop all time in a group, not fun at all. I hope you would agree with me here because if you look at it SOE didnt want PL in EQ2, so my valid point is, if there isnt any PL then why are some buff spells sooooo extremly short duration? I would like it and so would all the melee out there and casters if you can make these kinds of spells longer duration, not just chanters but all class buffs whos timers are this short. I also wouldnt mind it if certain spells such as breeze and SOW would be non group buff based as well as group buffed based. Meaning you can cast SOW on anyone or breeze without being grouped. This wouldnt even so much as hinder the fact of PL someone cause it just be a run buff and a power regen buff, at least breeze is comparable to eating good tier 3 foods drink when meding. So I ask why not? Please let me know what you guys think thanks.</DIV>

Kwoung
01-19-2005, 02:21 AM
<DIV>All short duration buffs are next to useless IMHO, with the sole exception being the times when you know beforehand it is going to be a nasty pull... but even then I forget to cast them due to me generally ignoring them because of the hassle factor of keeping them up. Heck, my wife hardly ever casts SOW anymore because the time wasted to stop and recast it, you can get wherever just as fast if you just run sowless rather than waiting to recast it on a group.</DIV>

Linolil
01-20-2005, 07:43 AM
My cleric always has his buffs up, but they are based on concentration and last forever.My warrior never uses his buffs. In fact, I've died a couple of times where I would have survived if I had simply remembered to use them in advance. The fact that they timeout so quickly makes them next to useless.

cornflkeb
01-22-2005, 10:05 AM
<DIV>As a lvl 21 Illusionist who has just barely started grouping ( I soloed and quested all the way to 21) I can say that the character I loved I now hate. Why?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Breeze    2.0 second cast time</DIV> <DIV>                0.5 second Recovery time</DIV> <DIV>              16.0 second recast time</DIV> <DIV>  </DIV> <DIV>Alacrity   2.0 second cast time</DIV> <DIV>               0.5 second recoveryt ime</DIV> <DIV>               0.9 second recast time</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Assuming you have no lag, no fizzles, no interuptions, all party members are within range at all times and the stars, planets and moons have all fallen into perfect alignment, it takes a minimum of 99 seconds to cast these buffs on your entire party (Breeze for everyone and Alacrity just for the poeple who are meleeing) wich leaves you with a whopping 81seconds MAXIMUM between buffs to recover mana, talk (type), scratch you [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] or whatever before you have to start the clicking madness all over again. These buffs are ONLY CASTABLE ON PARTY MEMBERS!!! So WHY do they only last 3 mins? It absolutely ruins the class and makes it frustrating beyond belief. I havnt played in a week and after being so dissappointed with how Necros turned out and now this rediculous nonsense, don't see much reason to log back in. It's a real shame that people have to get to lvl 20 before they can really experience this non stop buffing nonsense. You dont have time to do what your there for (Mezzing) because god forbid one of your buffs should drop.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Suggestions to remedy this situation:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>1. Make the spells hit the whole group at once.</DIV> <DIV>                    -or-</DIV> <DIV>2. increase duration--I think 10 mins is reasonable</DIV> <DIV>                   -or-</DIV> <DIV>3. Eliminate the recast time!!!! This should be done at the very least--regardless of this entire issue--there is no need for a recast delay on these buffs, its pointless.</DIV> <DIV>                   </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I know i know, these buffs dont function the same way as EQ1 buffs intetionally and I do still see things from an EQ1 point of view, but hey, I played it for 5 years.</DIV> <DIV>But that aside, my point is that this endless click click click clicking of buffs IS NOT FUN--IT IS FRUSTRATING BEYOND BELIEF. Getting yelled at because you can either mezz OR buff but not both IS NOT FUN. I am amazed anyone played the class at all. Please look into this SOE.</DIV>

Bihl
01-26-2005, 04:13 PM
<DIV>I don't really know your situations or playstyles, but one reason you might be so frustrated with breeze, etc, is that you're expecting it to work like it did in EQ1.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>EQ Breeze <STRONG>is not</STRONG> EQ2 Breeze.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Okay, from there, take a look at what it does again:  It improves your recovery rate.  Well, drink does the same thing.  So, let's assume you're in a full group and no one's stupid enough to have gone adventuring without drink (because that would be <EM>mighty</EM> stupid).  Most fights aren't going to require anyone to power-dump at all and it should be possible to keep up a fairly brisk pace without having Breeze active.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Breeze doesn't have a long duration, it's a pain to cast on everyone, but it's pretty useful.  So why not let that determine how you use it?  Throw it on the people who are lower on power.  In other words, <STRONG>you are a power healer.</STRONG>  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Again, you might be doing this, I don't know.  But I do know that I group with a guy who <EM>loves</EM> playing an enchanter, and he uses Breeze as a power pool heal instead of as a "I need this on all the time" buff like Breeze was in EQ.  Not only does this work amazingly well (yes, he uses it in fights too, just like healing spells are used) but he rarely has it on more than two characters at a time and no one has a reason to complain.</DIV>