PDA

View Full Version : Comprehensive update notes

Ventureinoz
01-18-2005, 08:49 AM
<DIV> <DIV><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff>Is there a valid reason the players are not receiving comprehensive update notes?</FONT></SPAN> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff>As it stands, /petitioning for re-imbursement is an absolutely futile exercise regardless of the circumstances and regardless of who is at fault.<BR>You will initially receive a canned auto-reply. If you persue the matter further you will receive a "Sorry" from a friendly GM who will direct you to the forums so you may provide feedback and who may also suggest you use /petition again if you have any further porblems in the future. <BR></FONT></SPAN><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff>However you will not be re-imbursed.</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff>I would go as far as to suggest a GM could accidentally delete an item belonging to a player and that would still be deemed insufficient reason for re-imbursement. This seems to be standard SOE policy. I suppose a lot of players trying to beat the system have forced SOE into this stance, however not everyone is out to get a free lunch.</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff>Ok the above scenario involving a GM is not a very likely cause of item loss, however stealth changes to the game are quite real and quite frequent. These undocumented changes open all manner of ways players can be hard done by due to no fault of their own. Recent changes to activatable item mechanics and changes to spell & item skill levels spring to mind in the recent patch. This however is the tip of the iceberg.</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff></FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff>Unfortunately, it is left to the players to take steps of their own in an attempt to avoid item loss or any other form of loss that realistically has zero chance of being rectified. But how to you avoid the traps that are set without knowing they are there? Hey, they were not there yesterday!</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff>In my opinion players should be afforded comprehensive information in order to make sensible decisions, otherwise every single player is at risk of losing time, items and money, due to no fault of their own, leaving them with absolutely no recourse and a sour taste in their mouth to boot.</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff></FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff>I understand many changes may seem minor initially, however even slight changes can have a large impact on players and their gaming experience, with item loss and time wasted being high on the list of undesirable side end results.</FONT></SPAN><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff> </FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff>The guess my point is this...</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff>If you wish to have a basic policy that denies item re-imbursement under any circumstances, and you still want your player base to continue enjoying their game experience, then please give us the information that is crucial to making sound decisions.</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff>I dont want a free lunch,  just a fair go.</FONT></SPAN></P></DIV></DIV><p>Message Edited by Ventureinoz on <span class=date_text>01-17-2005</span> <span class=time_text>07:57 PM</span>

Kwoung
01-18-2005, 01:31 PM
<DIV>There are no official GM's or customer service on Test Server, you play at your own risk here.</DIV>

darkt
01-18-2005, 05:44 PM
<P>Green= no comment</P> <P>Yellow= I am commenting on this</P> <P>Red= This is wrong.</P> <P>Blue= My comments<BR></P> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Ventureinoz wrote:<BR> <DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff00><SPAN>Is there a valid reason the players are not receiving comprehensive update notes?</SPAN> </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#0000ff>This is a <STRONG>test server, </STRONG>they could put in updates to test various things to see their effects.  There are many reasons why they wouldn't want to list all their updates.  They could be changing many little things, it could take a lot of time to list every thing they are updating. (Resources that can be used elsewhere)  They might not want you to know what they are updating.  There are things they are updating to fix a problem on the live servers and <STRONG>if they did mention what they are changing, then players with characters on both live and test servers will have an advantage over those who only play on live servers</STRONG>.  An advantage based on the fact that they play on the test server and know what is being changed.  </FONT></DIV> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#33cc00>As it stands, /petitioning for re-imbursement is an absolutely futile exercise regardless of the circumstances and regardless of who is at fault.<BR>You will initially receive a canned auto-reply. If you persue the matter further you will receive a "Sorry" from a friendly GM who will direct you to the forums so you may provide feedback and who may also suggest you use /petition again if you have any further porblems in the future. <BR></FONT></SPAN><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff></FONT></SPAN></P> <P><FONT color=#33cc00><SPAN>However you will not be re-imbursed.</SPAN><SPAN>Unfortunate</SPAN></FONT><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff><FONT color=#33cc00>ly, it is left to the players to take steps of their own in an attempt to avoid item loss or any other form of loss that realistically has zero chance of being rectified.</FONT> <FONT color=#ffff00>But how to you avoid the traps that are set without knowing they are there? </FONT></FONT><FONT color=#33cc00>Hey, they were not there yesterday!</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#0000ff>Once again, this is the test server.  The purpose of this server is to test and offer feedback to the devs.</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff><FONT color=#ffff00>In my opinion players should be afforded comprehensive information in order to make sensible decisions, otherwise every single player is at risk of losing time, items and money, due to no fault of their own, leaving them with absolutely no recourse and a sour taste in their mouth to boot</FONT>.</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#0000ff>I disagree,  see my first comment.  </FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffffff></FONT></SPAN></P> <P><FONT color=#33cc00><SPAN>I understand many changes may seem minor initially, however even slight changes can have a large impact on players and their gaming experience, with item loss and time wasted being high on the list of undesirable side end results.</SPAN><SPAN> </SPAN></FONT></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#33cc00>The guess my point is this...</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ffff00>If you wish to have a basic policy that denies item re-imbursement under any circumstances, and you still want your player base to continue enjoying their game experience, then please give us the information that is crucial to making sound decisions.</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#0000ff>No one is forcing the testers to be here.  They are here on their own free will.  If they wre not enjoying their experience then they would not be here.  </FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#ff0000>I dont want a free lunch,  just a fair go.</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#0000ff>Everyone is in the same boat as you.  You have a fair go.  Implimenting your idea will give unfair advantages to those who play on test and on live servers.</FONT></SPAN></P></DIV> <P>Message Edited by Ventureinoz on <SPAN class=date_text>01-17-2005</SPAN> <SPAN class=time_text>07:57 PM</SPAN><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>

Miral
01-19-2005, 01:19 AM
<DIV>I think the poster probably ment this overall, he was just confused by the millions of off topic posts here and figured this is where it would go....</DIV>

Ventureinoz
01-19-2005, 03:00 AM
<DIV>As these boards are currently lacking a general feedback forum I was actually as a loss as to where to post this.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The devs obviously keep an eye on this forum for feedback so I gave it a shot.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Sorry to waste your time.</DIV>

Linolil
01-20-2005, 07:48 AM
<blockquote><hr>Ventureinoz wrote:<DIV></div><DIV>The devs obviously keep an eye on this forum for feedback so I gave it a shot.</div><hr></blockquote>Actually, I have not seen any indication that the devs pay any more/less attention to this forum than to any of the others.

Kaknya
01-25-2005, 11:16 PM
<DIV><FONT color=#0000ff>They might not want you to know what they are updating.  There are things they are updating to fix a problem on the live servers and <STRONG>if they did mention what they are changing, then players with characters on both live and test servers will have an advantage over those who only play on live servers</STRONG>.  An advantage based on the fact that they play on the test server and know what is being changed.  </FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#0000ff></FONT> </DIV> <DIV> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#0000ff>Once again, this is the test server.  The purpose of this server is to test and offer feedback to the devs.</FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#0000ff></FONT></SPAN> </P> <P><SPAN><FONT color=#0000ff> </FONT><FONT color=#ffffff>Ok,.. The only problem I see with this is.. If the purpose of this server is to test and offer feedback to the devs, how can you do that if you don't know what has been changed? I find it hard to do much on the test server as it is due to the lack of population on it. Except for when the live servers go down, most the time your lucky to find more then 3-4 people in the smaller zones, and about 15 in the larger zones. This also makes tradeskills hard, unless you make alts to create the other items. The wholesaler i belong to in castleville is the highest level in qeynos.. at lvl 2. </FONT></SPAN></P> <P><SPAN></SPAN> </P> <P><SPAN>also, how is there an advantage between test and live? the changes are not posted to both at the same time, as well as, the changes that they DO do, will not necessarily ever MAKE it to the live servers, so knowing what they do isn't necessarily an advantage. Most of the time i find myself soloing on test, and tradeskilling, and what i make on test i give away for free. </SPAN></P></DIV>

Kwoung
01-26-2005, 12:58 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kaknya wrote:<BR> <DIV><SPAN>Most of the time i find myself soloing on test, and tradeskilling, and what i make on test i give away for free. </SPAN></DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>If you don't already, /join Test, much easier to find folks to group with or see whats going on in our serverwide channel.</DIV>