PDA

View Full Version : The Need to increase rare harvest and other suggestions

Hantu0
01-17-2005, 08:38 PM
<DIV>Because adept 1 drops are common now, the only way crafters are going to make any money is to increase the rare harvest like silver or copper/lapis lazuli so that they can make Adept 3 spells or runes. If SOE thinks that this is not possible, you should try and find out for yourselves,Dev, if you can make any decent money in a "real" server as a Sage or Jeweler. Ok, how about make us artisans the ability to make Master 3 spells or runes?? Will that be a good idea?? Ingredients have to increase in regularity too because right now some people cannot even get a silver or lapis lazuli after 5 hours of mining. This can cause frustration and you don't need frustration when playing a Game.</DIV>

Aado
01-17-2005, 10:52 PM
<DIV>Just a few thoughts. I keep thinking that it works quite well how genuinely rare the rare drops are. I was gathering about 2 hours a day in the commonlands for a fortnight before I found my first but it was very rewarding to be able to upgrade my divine weapon to adept 3 at that point. Maybe adept 1 drops are too common? As far as making money as a scholar is concerned the real spinners are things like pommels, buckles, tempers, washes and patterns aren't they? </DIV>

Kwoung
01-17-2005, 11:22 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Hantu002 wrote:<BR> <DIV>if you can make any decent money in a "real" server as a Sage or Jeweler. <HR> </DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>They have fake servers somewhere?<BR>

Elawise
01-18-2005, 01:28 AM
<DIV>I agree the mythical harvests are just a little too rare.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Am up to 4500 mining harvests WITHOUT a rare.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>yes I have been keeping count !!!!!!!!!!!!!</DIV>

Thesp
01-18-2005, 02:07 AM
<DIV>rare means just that... RARE. You're not supposed to see everyone running around with adept3 spells.</DIV>

BastolDragonwoas
01-18-2005, 02:19 AM
apparently physical land features ahve an affect on rare spawns. i have verified this as i now have 7 rare in my posession .. the secret was discovered by a firend of mine who accidentally revealed it to me. .. maybe its not how much you harvest but where and when you ahrvest it. (he has 12 rares now )

Kwoung
01-18-2005, 02:22 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Elawise wrote:<BR> <DIV>I agree the mythical harvests are just a little too rare.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Am up to 4500 mining harvests WITHOUT a rare.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>yes I have been keeping count !!!!!!!!!!!!!</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>I am the same way, my wife on the other hand went out for a few hours and picked up 2 corals, 1 silver, 2 black iron and a sisal root... I about hit the roof. If anything, these rares should maybe be per character every so many harvests instead of just random spawns, as making it well into tier 3 without any rares to show for it, is a bit out of line IMHO.</FONT></DIV>

Kwoung
01-18-2005, 02:23 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> BastolDragonwoasta wrote:<BR>apparently physical land features ahve an affect on rare spawns. <BR><BR>i have verified this as i now have 7 rare in my posession .. the secret was discovered by a firend of mine who accidentally revealed it to me. <BR><BR><BR>.. <BR>maybe its not how much you harvest but where and when you ahrvest it. <BR>(he has 12 rares now )<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>Then bug it please, as that was supposedly fixed in beta.

StarRanger20
01-18-2005, 02:28 AM
<DIV>I need to stop destroying those sissel roots.... didn't know they are rare...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

BastolDragonwoas
01-18-2005, 03:25 AM
sisal may be a rare but charging 10 gold for it is rediculos as you cant make anythign worth more than 1 gold as a result. even with it being furniture. .. kw: why would i bug it when i dont feel its a bug. its just that there seems to be a pattern and we are solving it.. to our benifit and those that watch what i do .

Elawise
01-18-2005, 03:36 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> BastolDragonwoasta wrote:<BR><BR><BR>kw: why would i bug it when i dont feel its a bug. its just that there seems to be a pattern and we are solving it.. <BR>to our benifit and those that watch what i do .<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Because it can be considered an expliot.  Expliots are a bannable offence.

Kwoung
01-18-2005, 03:46 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> BastolDragonwoasta wrote:<BR>kw: why would i bug it when i dont feel its a bug. its just that there seems to be a pattern and we are solving it.. <BR>to our benifit and those that watch what i do .<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>Because it isn't a system that is supposed to be figured out, it is supposed to be random. They had issues with this in beta as well and they supposedly fixed it to be random spawns at any spawn point instead of at particular spots, if that isn't the case, then it isn't working as intended and is a bug that should be reported.<BR>

BastolDragonwoas
01-18-2005, 04:22 AM
its not a specific place though and it could jsut be where we are farming there are more nodes than in other areas. or how we are farming them its not totally random because they are wieghted numbers involved to make each item spawn a certain percent of the timeso it could be that where we are farming isnt farmed out as much and such are where all the nodes hide.. convincing me its totally random would be a bad move because it simply is not random or we would be farming more rares all over the place all the time. .as opposed to realising coral only spawns on some nodes at certain times of the day , or dandelions only after a rainfall..

Aado
01-18-2005, 05:06 AM
<DIV>Doesn't sound like an exploit to me. I have personally found a technique in commonlands which seems to yield me the occasional rare but I hinestly couldn't say whether it is really more effective than that of any gambler who thinks he has a roulette system.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

zorros
01-20-2005, 05:35 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> StarRanger2000 wrote:<BR> <DIV>I need to stop destroying those sissel roots.... didn't know they are rare...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> me neither :smileytongue:

Alchemy
01-20-2005, 09:13 PM
<DIV>Rares are just as rare as they need to be.  Please don't change the rarity!  Sages have NO trouble making money now that AppIV spells exist.  Tier 3 AppIV spells go from between 2 gp and 10 gp, in some cases more.  As an alchemist (and I'm NOT complaining about my ability to make money), I don't have any products that sell for more than ~40-50 sp at tier 3 (pristine carbon ink).  Jewelers have it best of all.  The jewelry is worth wearing in many cases, and buckles, studs, etc. are ridiculously hot with the demand for backpacks.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Everything is fine and good in the harvest world.  Don't overpopulate us with Adept III please.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Alchemy77 on <span class=date_text>01-20-2005</span> <span class=time_text>08:14 AM</span>

Iseabeil
01-20-2005, 10:31 PM
<DIV>i might be just cursed, but so far, i have found 0 (zero) rares since i august in beta, including  my first char created on live ca 2 days after launch (granted, system might be very different now compaired to beta, wouldnt know).</DIV> <DIV>to my knowledge, none in my guild on live servers has found any rares either. i can buy all advanced books in a tier cheaper than i could buy one rare for those books. to me, they arent rare, they are mythological :p</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>