PDA

View Full Version : suggestion - idea - REALISTIC!

BastolDragonwoas
01-16-2005, 10:39 PM
As much as i would like to be able to log off and not use the bandwidth and power bill and cpu wear and tear on my computer when i am not playing eq and it seller mode in my house and still be able to sell stuff..The biggest peeve i have with the game is this....I am an explorer and i do most of that solo so I die alot and get in to some wierd predicaments. and i accumulate alot of debt. Sometiems the only way i can shake the debt is to log off for days. but i find it totally unfair and unreasonable that you can only shake your exp debt by grinding exp or by loggin off completely! I mean when i am in my own house 'resting' and or 'selling' in broker mode. why can i not lose exp debt that way.. i cant log off to lose the debt because i need to sell to support my tradeskill habit. so it becomes unfair that those that dont tradeskill or sell or have the second account for a vendor mule get to lose the debt from thier mistakes while they rest. and i dont. Please allow exp debt to rot away at the same rate as those who are logged off when you are just 'chillin' in your pad or in your pad on vendor mode.. I think it would add great roleplay potential if just bieng in your house or the local pub in town would assist with reducing debt. heck even add a bonus for those with hihg status point house with super luxuries installed to reduce it faster would be cool (add more value to carpenters) but not neccisary. Anyone else have input on this ?

ProtoDe
01-16-2005, 11:10 PM
<DIV>Hmmmm....nah.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If that were the case then I think everyone and their brother would just sit AFK all night in their rooms/favorite pub whether in trader mode or not, just to bleed off the debt.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As it is I think its kind of bogus that debt fades while offline - shouldn't you have to WORK it off regardless?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>On a completely different note, how about adding a Suggestions & Rant forum to this site?  A centralized place to gather all the ideas (good and bad) that players come up with, and to vent the steam this pressure-cooker of a game tends to generate?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Maybe it will leave more room for actual feedback in the forums where it is truly needed.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Odi
01-16-2005, 11:26 PM
<DIV>I for one think it's a great idea. Either that, or they should just scrap the whole xp decay. It's just not fair to the sellers IMO.</DIV>

BastolDragonwoas
01-16-2005, 11:47 PM
<blockquote><hr>Odile wrote:<DIV>I for one think it's a great idea. Either that, or they should just scrap the whole xp decay. It's just not fair to the sellers IMO.</DIV><hr></blockquote>thats my whole point.. if your a seller and dont have a second mule account. then your kinda [Removed for Content] in trying to lose the debt.. and the others get teh advantage of losing it.. Though i dont wnat them to remove it for those logged off. possibly though for the taverns and such have them drink booze . .to wear off that battle fatigue like reall warriors did back in the day .. go out party get all bashed up .. come home get drunk and play with the wenches.. .. i mean i have no real problem with ahving my char online all day and night . just its not fair that i cant lose my debt where others just log off and come back with half what they had b4.. (hence why im always at 50% or more debt and all my friends are outlevelling me because i cant lose the penalties.

Linolil
01-17-2005, 10:22 AM
This sounds like the SWG concept. If you were in a hospital or a bar, your battle fatique (or whatever they called it) would fade. If there was entertainment, it would fade faster. Eventually, they allowed you to do the same in higher level camps.... I have two characters that I am working on. When one's dept gets high, I log him off and play the other, just to let the debt decay.