PDA

View Full Version : Maps Maps Maps!!! Make your new character have the same completed Map!!!


Bezado
01-14-2005, 12:01 AM
<DIV>Why do you have it so when you make a new character you still need to redo the map and explore? All I want and evryone else is this Map thing completed for your new characters if you have already explored those lands and got the maps done then you should be able to have it on your other characters the same amount done, whatever is greater to show up. I made new guy to go out and gather stuff, I dont want to make it a 5hrs+ exploring each zone just to fill in the maps I already explored, this is ridiculous.</DIV>

Kwoung
01-14-2005, 12:13 AM
<DIV>If you know where everything is already, why does this matter oe way or the other?</DIV>

Bran
01-14-2005, 12:53 AM
<DIV>Keep in mind that when you discover something you get an xp increase.  Automatically revealing the map might interfere with this system.  I can image they have the XP and the map connected some how.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

zorbdan
01-14-2005, 02:14 AM
<DIV>i like having maps but this is a bad idea and not in the spirit of roleplay either .</DIV>

Cynfulo
01-14-2005, 03:27 AM
I disagree, shared maps would not improve the game play. I feel that having actual maps to the newbie zones would be nice. Trying to find your way around the newbie zones in the city without maps is really annoying. My pet hate is the sewers in Freeport and the bog in Qeynos. It is a pity though that the named areas (i.e. Crater Lake, Fippy's Hill etc) aren't marked on the map when you discover them. A button to toggle the neames of areas on the map would be very useful.

Berek-Halfhand
01-14-2005, 08:26 AM
<DIV>I agree in that it should be more customizable, but I don't think it should go much more beyond that.  I was suprised when I suggested a ton of stat information to be built into the game (ala eq2players.com) and they actually implemented it, and then some.  I almost wish they would take some of it back as it detracts from the theme.  I said I wanted more Diablo 2 atmosphere.. but more in finding cool items randomly instead of the pure statistics.  I hope they don't do this with the maps other than basic elements as you suggest.</DIV>

Bezado
01-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Im sorry I dont understand you people. Why do you want to make things so complicated on yourselfs. To have a map already discovered by 1 of your characters and to have same through out the whole account would be really nice. You say well if you already know where something is then you wont need the map. I disagree!! You are in a huge zone and the map helps you with markers and waypoints and you cant remember all the turns on 1 map or all the exact spots!!! Why fret at this idea it will help you so you dont got to redo the freaking MAPS! I hate exploring takes to much time to get the black map all explored and I am not doing it again, I rather play my main character. Anyway I dont see the point in it for maps, I mean ok you made them prolly like this to explore for small exp but who cares. I dont need some small exp for finding Varsoons Lair again on my 2nd Character, Jezz.

Miral
01-14-2005, 11:32 AM
<DIV>Simple people should play simple games. perhaps eq2 is not for you?</DIV>

Bojer_Fleetfoot
01-14-2005, 10:18 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Bezado wrote:<BR>Im sorry I dont understand you people. Why do you want to make things so complicated on yourselfs. To have a map already discovered by 1 of your characters and to have same through out the whole account would be really nice. You say well if you already know where something is then you wont need the map. I disagree!! You are in a huge zone and the map helps you with markers and waypoints and you cant remember all the turns on 1 map or all the exact spots!!! Why fret at this idea it will help you so you dont got to redo the freaking MAPS! I hate exploring takes to much time to get the black map all explored and I am not doing it again, I rather play my main character. Anyway I dont see the point in it for maps, I mean ok you made them prolly like this to explore for small exp but who cares. I dont need some small exp for finding Varsoons Lair again on my 2nd Character, Jezz.<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Well hell while we are at it lets ask that any new alt we roll up have the same gear and the same lv and already done the same quests to becasue our Main's have already done it too.<p>Message Edited by Bojer_Fleetfoot on <span class=date_text>01-14-2005</span> <span class=time_text>12:19 PM</span>

Yodaya
01-14-2005, 10:23 PM
<DIV>Also, players may want to create new characters to have a new experience. They may not want the map to be revealed for their new characters. How do you accomodate that?</DIV> <DIV>If you really want the maps to be revealed then I suggest that let it be an option in the character creation. And when you create a new character, you will have an option of selecting an already created character to reveal the maps already revealed by that character.</DIV>

Cathair
01-14-2005, 10:54 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Bojer_Fleetfoot wrote:<BR> <BR> Well hell while we are at it lets ask that any new alt we roll up have the same gear and the same lv and already done the same quests to becasue our Main's have already done it too. <P> <HR> </P></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>:smileyvery-happy:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>That's funny.  I also think it would be an aweful idea to have 1 character's map show up on other characters on the same account.  Each character is its own entity.  I think it's bad enough that there is a shared bank.  That is the slippery slope that leads to the silly suggestions like this one.  I mean really.. it's not about convenience.  This isn't super mario bros.  It's intentionally a more complex game.  You are supposed to view each of your characters as separate from each other.  That's the roleplay part that too many people seem unable to appreciate.</DIV>

Trucegore_Vonbloodwor
01-15-2005, 08:47 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Bezado wrote:<BR> <DIV>Why do you have it so when you make a new character you still need to redo the map and explore? All I want and evryone else is this Map thing completed for your new characters if you have already explored those lands and got the maps done then you should be able to have it on your other characters the same amount done, whatever is greater to show up. I made new guy to go out and gather stuff, I dont want to make it a 5hrs+ exploring each zone just to fill in the maps I already explored, this is ridiculous.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>Becouse its not the same character?</P> <P>O.o</P> <P>Diffrent persion?</P> <P>o.O</P> <P>**boggles**</P>

Linolil
01-16-2005, 06:19 AM
Personally, I like the fact that the fog-of-war exists on my alt's maps. It lets me know where I haven't taken him -- which is a hint as to which quests he still needs to do. After leveling four or five characters to 20 in beta, live and now on test, I've lost track of which one has done what.... The fog helps.