PDA

View Full Version : Wizards do same Damage as Shadow Knights


Darx6
01-13-2005, 10:56 AM
<DIV>After last patch Wizards don't do great Area Effects and same lamentable Direct Damage. Brusiers and Monks out damage a Wizard and plus a tank, ie. Shadow Knight, does about the same damage. Only in rare 6+ group mobs does a Wizard stand a chance, but most mobs drop before a Wizard can cast a group spell becuase they are double arrow down. There is no reason for this unless you can allow Wizards to tank every mob in the game, which aint gonna happen. Plain and simple Wizards got nerfed more than they allready are, and have made a useless class.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Darx619 on <span class=date_text>01-13-2005</span> <span class=time_text>12:43 AM</span>

Supafroi
01-13-2005, 06:56 PM
<DIV>youre so right. I can't even make myself log on now even if I wanted to. Were Wizards with less power than virtually any other dps based class and not only that, like you said some fighter classes can even now out dps us. This is just not logical.</DIV>

CerraWhisperwind
01-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Are you looking at true DPS or Damage Per Spell?Wizard spells have a shorter recharge time than fighter spells or abilities, meaning they can get several off in the time the fighter can do one. A wizard has many other types of spells as well that are unavailable to fighters, such as invisibility, root and area effect root, buffs like the amplification line, and even a mesmerize spell! Sure the classes are balanced close to one another, but there are critical differences that make each class shine.Not everyone plays a class purely by the numbers as well.

Lancealittle
01-13-2005, 07:31 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Darx619 wrote:<BR> <DIV>After last patch Wizards don't do great Area Effects and same lamentable Direct Damage. Brusiers and Monks out damage a Wizard and plus a tank, ie. Shadow Knight, does about the same damage. Only in rare 6+ group mobs does a Wizard stand a chance, but most mobs drop before a Wizard can cast a group spell becuase they are double arrow down. There is no reason for this unless you can allow Wizards to tank every mob in the game, which aint gonna happen. Plain and simple Wizards got nerfed more than they allready are, and have made a useless class.</DIV> <P>Message Edited by Darx619 on <SPAN class=date_text>01-13-2005</SPAN> <SPAN class=time_text>12:43 AM</SPAN><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <P>That makes me want to play a wizard. The 'balance' stick always comes around in these games, so you are better off picking the class you like rather than seeing someone post a log and then jumping to the 'best' class.</P> <P>You can see this happening with the berzerkers now. They were overpowered and people knew it, but rerolled to zerker anyway. Now that they have been brought into line with other tanks, you can hear their berzerker screams from all the way on the Legends and Lore board.</P> <P>I'll also mention that since the patch is live that this is not 'Tester Feedback', but that did not stop every single post on the board.</P>

Kwoung
01-13-2005, 11:46 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Lancealittle wrote:<BR><BR> <P>That makes me want to play a wizard. The 'balance' stick always comes around in these games, so you are better off picking the class you like rather than seeing someone post a log and then jumping to the 'best' class. <HR> </P></BLOCKQUOTE>That cracked me up in DAOC. They were nerfing or buffing classes constantly for like a year, and every patch people would be rerolling to the new best class, only to be nerfed again a week or two later. Much better to just play the class you like and enjoy the game. I play a wizard and have never noticed a tank that could out damage me (and I group with a shaman and various tank type as a trio all the time), if we pull 2 identical mobs, I can always burn one down and generally have plenty of time to help the tank finish his off. Maybe I am just lucky with resists or something though.<BR>

Aeva
01-14-2005, 01:37 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kwoung wrote:<BR><BR> I play a wizard and have never noticed a tank that could out damage me (and I group with a shaman and various tank type as a trio all the time), if we pull 2 identical mobs, I can always burn one down and generally have plenty of time to help the tank finish his off. Maybe I am just lucky with resists or something though.<BR> <BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>What level are you?, this needs context, there is nothing wrong with this class at lower levels (other than AOE now being worthless), the distinction is probably lev 30+, by the time you get to 45, the scout will be doing 2-3 times the damage you will and the tank will be doing slightly more than you.<BR>

Kwoung
01-14-2005, 02:22 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Aevarr wrote:<BR><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>What level are you?, this needs context, there is nothing wrong with this class at lower levels (other than AOE now being worthless), the distinction is probably lev 30+, by the time you get to 45, the scout will be doing 2-3 times the damage you will and the tank will be doing slightly more than you.</BLOCKQUOTE> <BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Mid 20's, no one on Test is in there 30's or 40's yet... the server is pretty new still. (someone may have hit 30 recently, haven't noticed though)</DIV>