PDA

View Full Version : Group Con based on Highest level, causing mod to go gray ?!?

Dominordrian
01-12-2005, 04:35 AM
<DIV>Ok Last night We decided to do some decaying skeletons.  I'm a level 15 predator, and I was initially grouped with a 14 cleric, a 13 summoner, a 14 brawler, and a 15 crusader.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The average level of the group was 14.2   The decaying skeles were blue to yellow double arrow guys.  the zombie things were blue to white solo (No arrows) They were tough but we were still pulling mostly non stop.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>A guildmate wants to join us.  He's a level 19 cleric.  We though SURE more healing to help out.    As soon as he joined the group there were no more blue mobs.  They were only White and gray.  (I even checked on tracking)  Ther were no Blue Green or even RED Mobs.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Whats up with that.  The average level of the group didn't change by much if any.  it went from 14 to 15.  ONE LEVEL.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I also discovered that those gray double arrow skele's were actually the blues we were fighting before the 19 cleric joined us.    Someone told me to hold the cursor over the targer window.  It said that Gray skele we were fighting was level 14   </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>One level below the average level of the group a ^^ gray !?!?!?! </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] is that?!?!?!?</DIV>

Zan
01-12-2005, 12:48 PM
<DIV>Please read:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><STRONG><FONT size=3>This board is intended for players on the Test server to provide feedback on new features and content. It is not a general server board, <FONT color=#ff0033>nor is it a place for non-testers to ask general questions</FONT> or post opinions.</FONT></STRONG><BR></DIV> <DIV>So what is this thread doing here?? Please move it to the Newbie Yard where it belongs. Thank you.</DIV>

LucianNailor
01-12-2005, 03:05 PM
OK,I'm not passing judgement here, but, I could see nothing in the first post to indicate that the poster was not talking about activity on test. Ok there was a mention of a guild, but I'm sure Guilds are allowed on test. If the poster wasn't a test player, then really the post does not belong here as is indicated in the forum guidelines.However without knowing for certain that it is not a test player, this is exactly how the con system works. It won't stop a lower level character getting it's a** served on a plate. It is to prevent powerlevelling a character or getting high level drops for lower level players. The min/max stats do tend to control that pretty well at the moment anyway. This also prevents a higher level player getting exp from mobs they would not normally get exp from, other then by joining with a very low group to take advantage of an 'average' group level.This is why 'con' is based on the highest group member instead.Not perfect by any means, but as good a way as possible to maintain challenge for all players.

Miral
01-14-2005, 12:29 PM
<DIV>unfortunately only people with the newbie title can post in newbie yard. And you lose that title with 10 posts.</DIV>