PDA

View Full Version : User Interface Improvement

Naknek
01-10-2005, 06:53 AM
<DIV>I think it would be a useful improvement if users could adjust the intensity/brightness of their own spell effects.  During encounters, some spells such as Minor Heal surround your character with a bright light, which is just too bright sometimes, especially if there are other spells and effects going off in an encounter.  I have tried all of the adjustments I can think of, but that one doesn't seem to be available.  Thanks for listening.</DIV>

Daeanor
01-11-2005, 12:25 AM
<DIV>There is a particle density adjustment for spell effect, though I don't have a machine in front of me with the game loaded to give you the exact name. It's there though. You can make them completely disappear if you turn it all the way down.</DIV>

Naknek
01-17-2005, 02:04 AM
<DIV>Thanks for the reply, Daeanor.  I have tried every slider, widget and doo-dad there is (I think) and I can make other people's spell effects go away, but not my own.  I am specifically talking about the visual graphic effects that occur when my characters cast spells.   </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I chatted with the SOE live chat folks for about 2 hours one afternoon on the assumption that I might be bugged somehow.  I got the distinct impression that the ones I chatted with (3 different CSR's) had never played the game.  I got some seemingly rote solutions from them -- which I diligently tried anyway -- and which didn't help. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I am tempted to delete and reload the whole game to see if that helps.  Because at this point, I still don't know if things are broken on my end or if such a feature even exists.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So I repeat my suggestion that it would be nice to be able to adjust the visual brightness/intensity of my character's spell effects.  Including being able to turn them off entirely.  Thanks for listening.</DIV>

Linolil
01-17-2005, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><hr>Naknek wrote:<DIV>So I repeat my suggestion that it would be nice to be able to adjust the visual brightness/intensity of my character's spell effects. Including being able to turn them off entirely. Thanks for listening.</div><hr></blockquote>I also would like that option. As a healer, that one column of light is blinding.