PDA

View Full Version : Players on test doing a poor job

Ethi
01-08-2005, 03:01 AM
<DIV>That patch had some glareing bugs that one would thing should have been caught be people playing on test?!?!  Whats up with that are you guy sleeping or reporting to deaf ears?</DIV>

JerleMina
01-08-2005, 03:08 AM
Wow.. Talk about rude and completely baseless.. The test community reported most of these giant bugs. There was no followup patch after the initial one, 'cept for the HO fix. Before you go accusing us of doing a poor job, try asking why things happened the way they did. In short, get stuffed.

Melinda
01-08-2005, 03:16 AM
First and foremost, its not our duty nor do we get paid to find all the bugs, thats what paid QA is for.We play on Test just like you play & pay on your Server and report our findings.Beside that i can assure you that certain bugs i sent a report about myself made it to life non the less.Why dont you blame the paid QA folks for not finding the bugs that plague you, or the Devs for notfixing the stuff we reported, instead of [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ing about us volunteer testers ?No guts ?Thanks, next please.I swear some things concerning testservers will never change.

Yokozuna
01-08-2005, 03:16 AM
<DIV>Job is it ?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I think we're doing rather a fine job - you have no idea how many /bug's we do everytime we play or the discussions we have on our channel. Nor do you have any clue of what bugs we report that are not fixed immediately.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Further more you are cluttering a board that is meant for tester feedback only.</DIV><p>Message Edited by Yokozuna on <span class=date_text>01-07-2005</span> <span class=time_text>02:22 PM</span>

Vanes
01-08-2005, 03:22 AM
<DIV>Considering that the patch last nite was completely [Removed for Content], I think its a logical assumption that somewhere things went really, really wrong.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If you guys say you told SOE bout the quest problem, the spell/ability problems, the multitude of problems accross all classes, well I believe you.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>My advice tho is next time you see a patch that is utterly horrid being prepared maybe give the rest of us a heads up?   </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>At least that way SOE would be called into account more.   People would KNOW that these were not unknown issues.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Vanessa</DIV>

Yokozuna
01-08-2005, 03:26 AM
<DIV>Test had an update at 12am a few hours before the patch went live. Most of us went to bed at that point. There was i assume new code that went in we didn't even have a chance to test. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>We report every bug we come across and if something so glaring and a bug that makes a zone crash occurs, you can be certain we will let them know. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Its my belief that the troubles with the patch that live servers are having now were never seen on test to begin with.</DIV>

Surferflam
01-08-2005, 03:29 AM
Vanessa, if you read the above responses you would see that there was no version of this exact patch placed on the test server. The devs simply "fixed" some things reported, and released it after only internal testing(we assume some internal was done.)SOE rarely seems to care what is posted on the forums unless they specifically make a thread asking for it. The launchpad and tech support forums are proof enough of that.To the main topic starter, read the giant red text.

RoseWhi
01-08-2005, 03:38 AM
<DIV>I do not play on Test, but I have a few friends who do. I have also worked professionally as a tester, so I'm familiar with the process. My apologies for posting, but a few things need to be said.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Those of you who blame the people who play on Test for not "fixing the problems" or "announcing the nerfs" are barking up the wrong tree. In fact, you are barking up a highrise apartment building at least a mile from the nearest tree. The fault does not lie with the players; the fault lies with the DEVELOPERS. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>My friends on Test /bug everything that goes wrong. They know full well where things are broken, and most are very serious in their efforts to try and get things fixed. Most of my friends were caught just as off-guard by the patch as the the rest of us. They assumed -- in error, as it seems to have turned out -- that someone on the Dev team was actually reading those bug reports. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Worse, much of the patch was not uploaded to Test until late Wednesday night, after most of the players there had logged off. That is how blatant bugs like the linked spell/abilities got through and how no one knew ahead of time about the massive increase in power for the crafting counters: some nitwit dev got the brilliant idea that by uploading crap like this late at night, they can honestly claim that yes, it was on Test and people had the opportunity to look it over and it therefore certainly is not the devs' fault that there are problems live.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Complain. Get angry. Scream. Post angry words. But for Karana's sake, don't attack the people on Test; they are players, just like you, players who have given up quite a bit in an effort to improve the game for everyone. (Do you know how hard it is to craft when there are two alchemists on the server, and neither are logged in? Run a quest in Blackburrow or Stormhold when there are only 50 people server wide capable of joining you?) Attack, instead, the people who can't be bothered to actually let the players on Test do any testing.</DIV>

Vanes
01-08-2005, 04:14 AM
<DIV>I'm not and did not attack the people on test.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>However, while it is a sad statement I'm sure this type of patch will happen again, and maybe it will be one that testers do get a chance to check out.   If in that case it is totally [Removed for Content], I stick by my suggestion that when it goes live and everything goes crazy, it would be nice to have heard from the testers about it and know that its 100% the devs fault.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I understand what your saying about the current patch, however I have not read anywhere but this forum that the testers did not have a chance to look at it because it was uploaded to late.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The posts on the various forums and peoples reactions last nite would have been far different if it was widely known that the testers were not even given a chance to test what is in this patch, at least what is broken in this patch.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Testers have a chance to bring a higher degree of accountability to SOE, and allow players that don't play on test to know more about what has happened.   I just would like to see information like what is in this thread more widely known.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Vanessa</DIV>

Demolitio
01-08-2005, 04:41 AM
<DIV>Any mess ups in code ALWAYS fall on the devs.  The people on test merely TEST the game as it is on that server.  They /bug and /report a LOT of stuff ingame.  From there, I would assume that the devs make a priority list (no matter how skewed it MIGHT be) and start working on the most pressing problems or maybe the easiest ones they see.  Then a patch is thrown out to test.  Sometimes test actually has a chance to really dig into it to figure out what the problem is.  They put in more /bugs and /reports in, the devs most likely then add a few more changes, then roll it out to live without  any REAL testing.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Go figure.  Atleast that's the way it seems to me.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If these exact issues were on test, I'm sure there would have been mention in the forums to some extent, or even potentially worked on at the least.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>And for anyone to say that the people on test aren't doing their job, should transfer themselves to test and do it for them.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I applaud the people on test.  They play this game like we do, and have even more of a passion imo than we do, to make sure it's as good as they can help make it become.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It's up to the players on test to report problems to the devs.</DIV> <DIV>It's up to the devs to fix them.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>