PDA

View Full Version : Test Server Doesnt seam to be very good for Testing.

Aval
01-07-2005, 08:28 PM
<DIV>If the Test server was built and Loaded exactly the same as the Live servers then had the Big patch on it for almost a month with no real problems then patching to live servers should have been without any issues. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>After the Big patch they Had many Problems which would indicate many things are probably different between the Test Server and the Live servers. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Maybe they need a Test server and then a second Test Server that is constatny wiped and reloaded with the Current Live server information to test patches on.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Test server has maybe 100-200 regular players and maybe a hand full of Sony staff there to test changes. There is no way they can compare to 300,000 Live players logging on.</DIV>

Mong
01-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Many of the items that are causing problems were not released to the Test server, but just added in directly.

Dyeana
01-07-2005, 09:57 PM
<DIV>I would have to say a vast majority of the changes were not loaded on Test Server in the period from the "Announcement" that they were loaded on 12/16/04 until this patch went live.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I think some of the rational was trying to get the Test Server up and trying to get the Characters there up in levels, skills, etc.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I just hope with this latest update finally on Test, that a large number of the fixes which are on the live servers are reflected on the Test Server before the next round of changes is made to the Test Server, so that it is indeed possible to catch the bugs, glitches, and Gotcha's before they hit live servers.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Princess - 22 Cleric on Test</DIV> <DIV>Linsha - 22 Paladin on Test</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>