PDA

View Full Version : Petrified Eye change, very poor decision

Twofeets
01-07-2005, 08:15 PM
<a href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=items&message.id=8545#M8545 target=_blank"><font color="red"><b>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=items&message.id=8545#M8545</b></font></a><DIV>Each time you use the illusion a component (bone) is now consumed. Considering it is an illusion (gives no bonuses) and you lose it as soon as you zone (or go LD), this is simply not a good idea (especially considering the cost of bones).</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV> </DIV><p>Message Edited by Twofeets on <span class=date_text>01-07-2005</span><p>Message Edited by Blackguard on <span class=date_text>01-11-2005</span> <span class=time_text>05:59 PM</span>

Chasak
01-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Considering some of these Illusion stones are rather hard / rare to get, the illusion could really be component free

creepazoid4
01-08-2005, 12:56 AM
<DIV>So what is to be done about this?  Can we please get it back?</DIV>

Ballyh
01-08-2005, 02:27 AM
<DIV>I completely agree.  Why take away something fun for no reason?</DIV>

Ethi
01-08-2005, 02:58 AM
<DIV>Am I the only one who blew over 20GP buying these eyes only to have them nerfed to uselessness?</DIV>

Ethi
01-08-2005, 02:59 AM
<DIV>I just had an idea, what would be nice would be to setup an eye vendor who pays like 8gp per eye for a week or so so people that blew money on them expecting them to work a certain way can get back some of hard earned lost money.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

MondaynSilvaCor
01-08-2005, 04:14 AM
<DIV>What about if a vendor sold a component that eyes use instead of the bone type? Like "Petrified Eye Fuel" (only more craftier of a name) for about 10s or so? I would be ok with that, bones are just too random and people ask way too much for these eyes to be worth investing in now.</DIV>

DaFi
01-08-2005, 06:13 PM
I think it should be not only a bone but a long recast timer

CerraWhisperwind
01-10-2005, 08:12 PM
The eyes and the bones should be no trade and the final bone should not drop till level 40+ zones. At that point sure get rid of the component.

Ithaspa
01-11-2005, 02:54 PM
ROFL! You think you have it bad! I FINALLY completed my Froglock eye only to find out they havent even finished designing the animations for those ribbitheads.....lol know wonder why no one can find the quest...its not even in yet.

Sanji
01-11-2005, 07:36 PM
<DIV><FONT color=#ffff66>blackguard responded to this issue on the 'items and equipment' board...</FONT><FONT color=#ffff66>something about illusions being more valuable to some class that gets them as a spell</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66>the kick in the [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] to me was losing 26 gold due to the sudden price change of the eyes...i was completeing the collections by spending about a gold on each bone (sometimes less sometimes more)</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66>this allowed me to complete the quests, sell the eyes and break even...now the eyes are worth about 3g rather than 6, so i can't even break even on the eyes/bones i've already bought.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66>but since this was a stealth nerf i also continued to use the eyes i had with no idea that they were using up all my bones!!!</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66>if they're gonna make the eyes consume a bone with every illusion, they should at least let us walk through doors without loosing the illusion!!</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66>i can understand losing it on dying but walking through doors!!??  makes no sense at all</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66>better yet...we should be able to walk through doors AND the illusion should remain until we choose to turn it off...ie permanent except for death.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66></FONT> </DIV> <DIV><FONT color=#ffff66></FONT> </DIV>

Sliverhammer
01-12-2005, 05:11 AM
I'm glad they did it, as a player who picked a non-carbon copy race and class I like my individuality. 38 Barbarian Wizard, now every clown under the sun has to think a bit before they wander around kaliedoscoping skins.Thanks SoE, appreciate that.Bit unfortunate for the guy who was runing an eye sale bazzar.