PDA

View Full Version : Repair Kits

Amcaze
01-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Think it would be nice if there was some ability to repair weapons and armor while out adventuring. You would have to carry around a repair kit and supplies to fix your equipment and if someone in group needed repairs, they would right click on you and select Repair on the player menu that pops up.This ability would be leveled of course. Higher level armor and weapons would need a higher level/tier repair components and materials.This would allieveate a huge burden of running back to a mender if zones away in TS or Nek Castle for examples. Just a thought, maybe something to be expanded upon.

Darlaiel
01-07-2005, 05:54 PM
<DIV>Funny that you should suggest that, there used to be repair kits early in beta, but they got removed.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Firstly because they very bugged and made it too cheap to fix your stuff, and I think they were removed alltogether so there would be a reason to into town at times.</DIV>

cowkiller
01-12-2005, 04:03 PM
<DIV>the reason why there are menders is to remove money from the game keep it the same just put a npc on the ts docks</DIV>

kerev
01-12-2005, 10:25 PM
<DIV>Darlaeil has it, I believe -there's a post around somewhere form Moorgard that they wanted every going back to towns, so they took out the ability to repair things in the field.  Kind of disappointed in that a.s it seems to be an artificial mechanic to enforce a certain style of gameplay.  Besides, you already need to go back to town to shop.  </DIV>

Hro
01-13-2005, 03:31 AM
<DIV>Great so they found a way to Force lag into the game..</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Great move SOE...  Let make it so More lag has to be in small town with short little building..</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I repair kit work be great to get back in game. This way Crafters could repair what they make.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I think repair kits should be given to those who Craft and there lvl would be there repair lvl..</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>and they should have to use item to fix broken stuff. also make so we can salavage droped Items.</DIV>

Kunathar
01-14-2005, 01:38 AM
<blockquote><hr>Hrogi wrote:<DIV>Great so they found a way to Force lag into the game..</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>Great move SOE... Let make it so More lag has to be in small town with short little building..</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>I repair kit work be great to get back in game. This way Crafters could repair what they make.</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>I think repair kits should be given to those who Craft and there lvl would be there repair lvl..</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>and they should have to use item to fix broken stuff. also make so we can salavage droped Items.</DIV><hr></blockquote>Like a rush hour? I very rarely, upon returning to my home town, confronted with "PoK Main Bank MGB" type lag just to mend my items...Your rant confuses me...how is this forcing lag now??