PDA

View Full Version : Solo Content Questions for those on Test levels 10-25

Morl
01-06-2005, 08:23 AM
<DIV>I posted this to the tester forum to get the feedback from those on test.  While I don't have a character on test (I already spend too much time with one char on Live) I'm interested to know what impact the new solo quests that will be in the patch have had on the solo play experience.  Have there been more solo mobs added to zones like the Commonlands, Nek?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>With the latest Live patch soloing has gotten much tougher, as now attacking grouped mobs (even grey) is essentially suicide.  I was already annoyed at the fact that I needed a group just to complete FSRs.  You essentially could not solo in dungeons already - at least not until the mobs didn't give xp anymore, and now it's just gotten worse.  Suffice it to say - solo play sucks right now, plain and simple due to lack of content.  Ok - enough... flame off.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Also, one more quick question?  Were the group mob melee damage changes on test already?  With all the outrage on it now, it would seem we would have heard more about it from testing...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As it stands now... unfortunately the only thing in the game for me solo is crafting, which also is limited until the patch takes place.  With the changes currently on live, I'm not interested in competing with 100+ other players over the few existing solo mobs.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Maybe this is like the first year of EQ1 - I'm hoping that it will get better given time.  The game is beautiful - the graphics and immersion are mesmerizing.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I'd like to also thank all of you for playing on test - I'm really glad that you put in the work you do to make this game as fun as it can be.</DIV>

PhourZwanZig
01-06-2005, 08:37 AM
<CENTER><FONT size=3><B>This board is intended for players on the Test server to provide feedback on new features and content. It is not a general server board, nor is it a place for non-testers to ask general questions or post opinions.<BR><BR><FONT color=red>To keep this board as useful as possible, posts from players not actually participating on Test server may be moved or deleted.</FONT></B></FONT></CENTER> <CENTER><FONT size=3><B><FONT color=red></FONT></B></FONT> </CENTER> <DIV align=left><FONT size=3><B><FONT color=red><FONT color=#ffffff></FONT></FONT></B></FONT> </DIV> <DIV align=left><FONT size=3>And your answer anyways, is yes.. they have upped the amount of Solo mobs, but that means still more for the groups too kill too..</FONT></DIV>

Morl
01-06-2005, 10:15 AM
<DIV>Since I doubt many of the testers frequent the combat or newbie forums this seemed the best place for the post.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thanks for your response.  If you'd like I'd be happy to start a Level 2 character on test so that if I can ask if there's more solo mobs in Commonlands.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>