PDA

View Full Version : About character differentiation

Lancealittle
01-04-2005, 08:08 PM
<DIV>Now that we've had a chance to pick a few of these I was wondering if anyone has seen any way to upgrade these.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It does not seem that there will be drops or crafted spells to upgrade these. Has anyone compared a damage spell that is upgraded with app1 to the character differentiation spell that replaces it? I know the new version will grey out later, so level may affect when the spell becomes usefull. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> <DIV><STRONG><FONT color=#ffcc00>*** Training ***</FONT></STRONG></DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>- Characters now receive a new character differentiation option every ten adventure levels: Training!<BR>- Training allows you to choose one of four new abilities. Each of these spells or arts builds off abilities you've been using but substantially increases their effectiveness and benefit.<BR>- The choice is yours whether you prefer a stronger attack, a more potent buff, a heartier heal, or a handier utility function. Training allows you to enhance specific aspects of your character and be a bit unique.<BR>- These Training abilities have a longer span of effectiveness than most common spells and arts, so they'll prove very useful to you.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Edit: Added the patch notes on training</DIV></DIV><p>Message Edited by Lancealittle on <span class=date_text>01-04-2005</span> <span class=time_text>12:17 PM</span>

Neko
01-04-2005, 10:12 PM
<DIV>Do they have a spell con color?  If not, then they might not have any upgrades.</DIV>

Lancealittle
01-04-2005, 10:43 PM
<DIV>When you first get them they are orange to you. That way they will improve well past the point that the lower level version would.</DIV>

Kwoung
01-04-2005, 11:11 PM
<DIV>I mistakenly took the Wiz Stun/Dot one and also have the Adept version of the regular spell. The granted ability does more damage than the adept 1, so I am guessing they are equivalent to Adept 3 spells.</DIV>

Lancealittle
01-04-2005, 11:15 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Kwoung wrote:<BR> <DIV>I mistakenly took the Wiz Stun/Dot one and also have the Adept version of the regular spell. The granted ability does more damage than the adept 1, so I am guessing they are equivalent to Adept 3 spells.</DIV><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Ahh..sweet. That's good to know. Especially on test server where we can't find spells on the brokers.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So it seems even without the ability to upgrade it would be beneficial to replace a spell with the level 10x spells. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>