PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on the level 20 tradeskill subclass selection bug

Darlaiel
12-31-2004, 06:36 PM
<DIV>Hello.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>As Evadne has already posted, Matthias Zoe in Freeport is bugged. I have quite unintentionnally stumbled upon a little lead as to when he will malfunction:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Purty my now level 20 alchemist talked to Zoe when she was trade level 18 - no problems there and she became an alchemist upon dinging 20.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Darlaiel on the other hand was a bit impatient, so at trade level 17 he took the trip to Zoe, who told him that he was too inexperienced and should talk to him later. So at level 18 hw goes back to Zoe and Zoe wont say a word to him! Zoe started out by telling him to form a line, but when hailed he sayd nothing and does nothing. I've tried zoning out and going back and now he no longer tell me to form a line and still wont talk to me when hailed.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>On live (at least last i played on live) you can select your trade subclass after level 10 - many of my live chars have already done so, far before level 18. On test this is changed, but that seems to be buggy.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So a word of warning to all my fellow testers: <STRONG>Do not talk to your level 20 tradeskill subclass selection NPC before you are trade level 18 - you will get bugged and unable to pass trade level 19 as you cannot select a subclass untill this bug is fixed or Nate manually clears you subclass.</STRONG></DIV> <DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV> <DIV>My outfitter is getting close to 18, so I'm going to test my hypothesis again soon: I don't plan to talk to Zoe before dinging 18 and I expect it to work.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Can the other people who are tradeskill-bugged please post here if you can remember whether or not you talked to the subclass selection NPC before you dinged trade level 18? Would be nice to have some more data...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Kind regards</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Gendah, Purty and Proteus</DIV>

Torali
12-31-2004, 07:12 PM
<DIV>Yep, I hailed him before I was trade level 18. Did it when I was level 10 and up there the first time.....because I hail EVERY npc. heh...great</DIV>

Evadne
12-31-2004, 08:32 PM
<DIV>Same here.  But, that isn't wrong. Other NPC's in the building give quests.  The reality is Matthias Zoe has issues and I am sure they will fix him. I think they are all away this week though, so maybe next week.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>My heart goes out to you all. I know I got lucky.</DIV>

Darlaiel
12-31-2004, 10:13 PM
<DIV>Just did the quest with my outfitter and I was able to choose tailor with no problems.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Naturally I did no speak with Zoe before dinging 18, so it looks like hailing him before 18 is what causes the bug.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Anyway I'm too low on combat level to harvest the teir 3 stuff safely, so its no big deal to me that I have to wait on the bug fix, just wanted to give the devs something to work with in case they hadn't already found the cause of the bug.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Happy new year all.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>