PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Create any App3 or 4 Scrolls

Bhagpuss
12-27-2004, 03:48 PM
<DIV>Going to bug this in game, but came here first to see if it was a known issue.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I just spent the best part of three hours making everything needed to make some App4 spells. Went to the desk, hit Create and selected a spell (Lightning Burst). Checked all the ingredients - all green and correct. Made sure I had Pristine Sepia Ink selected. Hit Begin.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The tradeskill window blanked out and I got the message "The trade skill components you selected are invalid. Trade skill process halted."</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Tried it with different recipes, tried swapping down to Sepia Ink. Tried changing desks. Even tried changing Societies. No luck. Can't make a scroll at all.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Off to /bug this in game now and then giving up on Test for a while - can't buy spells there (have barely even seen another player in last 48 hours) and now can't even make my own. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This was the 5th significant bug I encountered since I made my test character, now level 12; all bugs which are not present on Live as far as I know. I'm not at all surprised the push for this build is being delayed - so it should be.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Jooneau
12-27-2004, 08:03 PM
That may be specifically a problem with Mage spells or perhaps even just that spell (Lightning Burst), because I've seen people sell other archetypes' Apprentice IV's via brokers. Did you try Priest, Scout, and Fighter recipes?

BardicOne
12-28-2004, 03:06 AM
<DIV>I ran into the same problem last week when trying to make tailored backpacks.  I got the exact same message with my tradeskill window turning black and had to close it via the close (X) button in the top right of that window.  After messing around with all the various ingredients involved it turned out that the leather cords I was using were somehow bugged and would not work in any formula that called for them.  I sold the entire stack I had and made some new ones and the formula worked just fine after that.  Try using different formula that call for each of the ingredients you are trying to use to find the buggy one.  Good luck!</DIV>