PDA

View Full Version : Defiler Form

Evadne
12-27-2004, 11:02 AM
Not sure if this is just on Test or not. But both my roommate and I play shaman on Test. We both turned 20 today and became Defilers. He cast baleful countenence and...was surrounded by a purple smoke and his head went away--except for a funny carrot top. I did it, and....oh no, you have to be kidding me, I look--like him! Male model, no head. Honestly, I was ready to lose my head. But, I can't think of a reason why we spend so much time on our models, you spent so much time on the character models, and in the end when I cast a very critical spell for my class I am forced into a male body and lose my head.I dont know, but I think guys don't mind playing female characters, but most woman don't want to be male characters. An animal form is one thing. I can't for the life of me see how this animation passed muster. Purple glow would have been alright. A simple fog, with no shape underneath. It isn't important on a scale of fixes, but with all the animations out there, this one should not have made it in. Shadow knights get cool horses, mystics are bears or birds, rangers get pet birds...please, consider how impressive your character animations are and do them justice here when you can.Thanks,Eva

bvardem
12-29-2004, 09:46 PM
<DIV>i actually noticed this as well on live servers.  i was hoping it would be changed eventually.  I actually have a face and everything under the smoke, however.  I have a dark elf frame with a white beard and long hair....completely different than my half elf female with short colored hair.  i think its kinda ridiculous, but hey, as you stated, not that important in the grand scheme of things.  </DIV>

Kwoung
12-29-2004, 11:19 PM
<DIV>Dunno about anyone else... but all gender/head issues aside... what in the world is this form anyways?!? Man, this has to be the most but-ugly thing I have seen in game to date. Purple haze surrounding the Defiler? Yuck</DIV>

Cynfulo
12-30-2004, 03:38 AM
I just find it annoying as a spell as it needs to be dropped to use the griffens and the unappealing as a character look. I spend quite a bit of my time with my view set so I see my character and the surrounding area during combat.