PDA

View Full Version : Combat: NPC's stuck right on top of me

Luvie
12-26-2004, 05:18 AM
<DIV>This is becoming an isseu of some concern.</DIV> <DIV>When an NPC can't get to your location, with in melee range, because some thing is blocking its path, may it be a chair, a wall a tree any object out there it will warp right on top of you.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Once it has done this, it stuck on you. You can step back so that both avatars are seperated from one an other, but it will only result it spawning back right on top of you.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This glitch can get people killed.</DIV> <DIV>When you turn to run, you can run as fast as you can, but the mob will keep spawning right on top of you, and when it does that, it also is able to strike at you.</DIV> <DIV>Sprint will not save your hide!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>This is an issue on both live and test servers.</DIV>

CautRosetho
12-26-2004, 05:33 AM
also of note when this issue happens is that roots from wizards no longer work. This not only can get people killed, it DOES.

Kerri
12-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Yes, this is an issue on live servers as well, however.

Luvie
12-26-2004, 08:03 PM
<DIV>Didn't know about root. That make this a much bigger problem for them then for me as a fighter.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I've yet trying to find out how to reproduce this glitch over and over again.</DIV> <DIV>Help/info welcome if you know how to reproduce it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So far, i'm having it happen alot when fighting on steep hills, like fighting gnolls in the thundering steps, those who are with in them pits. </DIV>

Soloras
12-27-2004, 01:44 AM
<DIV>While I can't say I've had many encounters with the spawning problem, I can see how that would be extremely aggravating and needs to be addressed ASAP.   The problem with rooting the enemies comes as a complete shock....  Granted, my sorcerer is only level 19 but as of 6:30 am today I was not having any problems with my root spells.  Wonder if the glitch only affects "wizards" or if it's a problem for the class overall......</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Solaras</DIV>

FinanSeeleheil
12-27-2004, 02:58 AM
<DIV>I have the an issue that is simliar to this.  Being a scout class we need to be able to get "behind" the target to fight it, oftne the mob moves so close that it's Avatar is actually inside mine.  The result is, regardless of which way I turn, the game tells me "You must be behind your target" "You must flanking or behind" and it's impossible to get to that position.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Perhaps they should rethink the colision detect on mobs so they can't go inside another avatar. Or give all mobs a min range they are allowed to be, some calculated distance that an mob can not be closer than... say 3ft of personal space?  (Approx 1meter for the metric people)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Zinj
12-27-2004, 11:42 PM
<DIV>Yes.  It shows up on both Live and TEST servers.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>And it kills people.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>"You must be facing your opponent to xyz him"</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Argh!</DIV>