PDA

View Full Version : Language Quest Changes and Drops from Grey NPCs

Angu
12-23-2004, 11:47 PM
<DIV> <HR> </DIV> <P> - Language quest items have been changed to be Lore and had their drop rate increased. As posted by Moorgard for the upcoming big patch<BR></P> <P> <HR> </P> <P>Does this mean that by changing the drop to Lore:</P> <P>a. the quest items will no longer drop from treasure chests</P> <P>b. will be obtainable by a player whom has out leveled the encounter. i.e. example is the Orc Language quest in Wailing Caves.</P> <P>At level 20 everything beyond the door goes grey and currently is unable to finish quest. I am currently level 22.</P> <P>Thanks in advance.</P> <P> </P>

Classic
12-24-2004, 02:39 AM
<DIV>That sucks.</DIV> <DIV>I worked hard to get the Orc language quest done the messed up and an now unique.</DIV> <DIV>The change comes because it was stupid and hard as hell to do the other way.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Why am I being punished?</DIV> <DIV>oh I answered that already.</DIV>

Nil
12-24-2004, 08:19 PM
<DIV>Just because you worked hard at getting something done when it was harder doenst mean you are being punished..  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Sure it sucks because it coul dof been easier or whatever... but ohh well.. suck it up and drive on.  But your not being punished. </DIV>

Kerri
12-26-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm not a fan of not being able to do a quest because of level... Personally, I think chests should drop from greys. OH NOES my level 20 killed a grey and got a 1 silver piece loot from it! No one would horde that.

Lexanthol
12-26-2004, 08:17 PM
<DIV>Back to the original posters question, can anyone answer this?  Does the Lore tag mean it's now body dropped or does it remain lore tag chest drop?</DIV>

Soloras
12-27-2004, 01:36 AM
<DIV>The only lore items I've ever received from chests were books and scrolls that started quests.  (A.k.a. A Foul Wind our Bootstrutters)  I hardly ever even see a chest when I pick up lore Gnoll parts or any other mastery quest creature.  Don't see any particular reason you'd need a chest to get them.....  Hope that helps to reassure you a little...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Solaras</DIV>

FinanSeeleheil
12-27-2004, 03:05 AM
<DIV>I ran into the same problem with the Orc Language quest on the Live Server and a similiar problem relating to quests and levels.  As you all know, to get past the painting in WC you need a key, that is in a chest, then only drops if the advisor is Green to you.  As a result, I could never do anything that involved going past the door, and now all the mobs con grey, so I'm out of luck.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>What bothers me is that the Orc Language Quest (which requires requisitions to drop in chests) and the Key quest were both still Green in my journal, when the Mobs had already turned Grey.  Maybe we need to focus on the quest con system a bit and make sure that when I look in my book, I know that I need to finish Green Quests NOW! not latter, and that Green really does mean I can solo it.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I noticed (Again on live server) that the Cauldron Hollow quest cons Blue to me, but the fay queen I need to kill is RED to me and is actually al level 29 mob...I'm level 23... so shouldn't the quest be Red?  At the same time I picked up "Noise Complaint" which requires me to kill Cackling Cadavers in Nek, and the quest con is Orange.  But all the Cackling Cadavers are solo and white or lower to me...hmmmm </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Jooneau
12-27-2004, 08:10 PM
Quests never go gray, but with the experience you get from completing one far below your currently level, it might as well be.This is a good change. I already deleted the Orc Language quest from my Quest Journal because of the Shin'Ree Requisitions being chest drops. Honestly though, I would rather not waste time killing greys in a popular hunting zone for 10-14's and would prefer the Orc language drops to come from any orc, rather than just Wailing Caves ones. That way, I could spend time hunting, say, the orcs in Zek, rather than gray-farming and monopolizing content designed for low-level people.<p>Message Edited by Jooneau on <span class=date_text>12-27-2004</span> <span class=time_text>10:12 AM</span>

Hukklebuk
12-27-2004, 08:27 PM
<DIV>That way, I could spend time hunting, say, the orcs in Zek, rather than gray-farming and monopolizing content designed for low-level people</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>no doubt!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I can't recall if I 'filed' the language quest now or not.  But hey if SoE decides it wants 20+ to farm greys and make 10+ angry then what is one to do?</DIV>

Lancealittle
12-27-2004, 09:23 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Angust wrote:<BR> <DIV> <HR> </DIV> <P>- Language quest items have been changed to be Lore and had their drop rate increased. As posted by Moorgard for the upcoming big patch<BR></P> <P> <HR> <P></P> <P>Does this mean that by changing the drop to Lore:</P> <P>a. the quest items will no longer drop from treasure chests</P> <P>b. will be obtainable by a player whom has out leveled the encounter. i.e. example is the Orc Language quest in Wailing Caves.</P> <P>At level 20 everything beyond the door goes grey and currently is unable to finish quest. I am currently level 22.</P> <P>Thanks in advance.</P> <P> </P><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE>Where did you find this info?  I did not see this in the notes. Also, it's not happening that way on test as far as I can see. We still get the scrolls off chest drops for the Orc language and not as random adds to our quest journal. <BR>

Conani
12-27-2004, 11:35 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Jooneau wrote:<BR>Honestly though, I would rather not waste time killing greys in a popular hunting zone for 10-14's and would prefer the Orc language drops to come from any orc, rather than just Wailing Caves ones. That way, I could spend time hunting, say, the orcs in Zek, rather than gray-farming and monopolizing content designed for low-level people.<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>This makes way more sense. I'd hate to be level 25 and wandering around Blackburrow looking for Threat Runes, when I could just as easily be in Thundering Steppes killing Sabertooth Looters, and hoping one of them drops a Rune. Much better system, especially because I really hate the thought of not being able to complete this quest just because I'm too high.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I agree with the chest dropping anyways though. I mean, what, a mob's traesure is going to magically dissappear just because he got slaughtered by a much higher level player? I'm assuming the 'greys don't drop chests' thing is to prevent higher level players from farming lower level hunting areas, but...some of the stuff that chest drops from blackburrow doesn't sell for a whole let. If I was farming for cash, I'd rather spend the time harvesting in TS and selling that on market. I can usually get some decent change from doing that. Plus...it would give us scouts a much easier time of raising our disarm trap skill. I'm level 24 and only have an 80 skill in disarm.</DIV>

Zinj
12-27-2004, 11:39 PM
<DIV>You will write this 400000+ times:.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV> <DIV> <DIV>Language quest items should NEVER be TLC.</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV>

Kwoung
12-27-2004, 11:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Angust wrote:<BR> <P>Does this mean that by changing the drop to Lore:</P> <P>a. the quest items will no longer drop from treasure chests</P> <P><FONT color=#ffff00>They are still dropped from chests.</FONT></P> <P>b. will be obtainable by a player whom has out leveled the encounter. i.e. example is the Orc Language quest in Wailing Caves.</P> <P><FONT color=#ffff00>No, just outleveled them myself with one to go... it stinks.</FONT> <HR> </P></BLOCKQUOTE>