PDA

View Full Version : Blackout on Griffons (and not scared of heights)

Kwoung
12-21-2004, 12:33 PM
<DIV>Bug since beta but with a new twist. Now I blackout more times than not after mounting a griff and the new twist is... I get dumped at 0000,0000,0000, which in the Commonlands happens to be on top of that hill full of Bee's and Scorpions!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>On my wifes screen I actually see myself land on the correct tower (Nek Station), but then I flicker in and out of existance until I totally disappear. She can cast buffs, heal me etc from the tower, but I can not see anything. When I did a loc it said I was at 0/0/0 even though she was on Nek tower casting on me... even though I disappeared off her screen and was half the zone away according to my loc.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Anyhow, I have to relog to clear it and upon login I am at 0/0/0 on that hill and have to run for my life each time.</DIV>

theJucke
12-21-2004, 11:16 PM
<DIV>This happens to me in Qeynos now and again also (on the non test servers).  It used to kick me after the blac screen flight finished and then I would log back in at the destination.  It happened two days ago and did something like you described.  I came back near the north Qeynos gate.</DIV>

Hidohebhi
12-22-2004, 04:08 AM
That happened to me on Perma a few weeks ago, really freaky. I thought it was my vid card. I haven't noticed it on test yet however my test toon is not that high yet to be taking griffons a lot.

Kerri
12-23-2004, 01:55 AM
I blacked out on a griffon on Live servers the other night, woke up in a field of angry scorpions in the CL... Yikes!EDIT: Running Radeon 9800 Pro, if the graphics card helps.<p>Message Edited by Kerrick on <span class=date_text>12-22-2004</span> <span class=time_text>12:56 PM</span>

Arisma
12-23-2004, 02:00 AM
<DIV>I had this happen as well... NVid 6800 GT... </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>To bypass the problem I zoom into first person while boarding the Griffon.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Stay in first person the entire flight.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>DONT OPEN OR DO ANYTHING while riding.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>WHen I land I zoom back to my normal 3/4 view play... Havent crashed since.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Arismath.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> GUK</DIV>

Rainsoul
12-23-2004, 02:22 AM
Also you may want to adjust your perfomance settings to High performance. I too had that issue til I started playing around with the settings, now i can ride in 3/4 veiw no problm. But there really should be a fix for that so perhaps in the future the camera auto kicks you to first person to account for those who arn't running at high.

Fibb
12-24-2004, 04:03 AM
Lol its to simulate blacking out from extreme G-forces in a plane. J/K never had this happen to me on my 9800pro with 3.9 cats

Nil
12-24-2004, 08:18 PM
<DIV>I have noticed this happining in certian places in the Tradeskill instance in Qyenos.  Once I was between a coupel of looms instead of in front of them and I kept getting black screen.  and 1 forge does it to me. </DIV>

Yennik
12-24-2004, 08:21 PM
<DIV>I get this bug from time to time also.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I have to reboot to fix it and when I log back in i'm at loc 0,0,0.  </DIV>

FinanSeeleheil
12-27-2004, 03:16 AM
<DIV>Okay two different issues here:</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>First I black out on Griffons in The Commons, but never in Antonica... weird huh?  But it's not my graphic settings.  I can confirm this, I set my graphics to the lowest, ugliest setting, or the highest best setting and I get the same result.  First person doesn't cure it for me.  I still black out.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>In trade halls, my wife was having the black out problem.  Ready for the solution to this one?  She has a 5900XTOC from BFG, and as you all know it's slightly over closked +20mhz on the GPU, -30 on the RAM.   The card has had it's tempreture sensors disabled by BFG, not a good idea, my 5600 from BFG has a tempreture sensor so I can monitor ofr Overheating.  She tired everything, new drivers, fresh load of XP, disabled all the graphics (played in ugly mode) and things worked a bit better, but after 20 mins of tradeskill work, pop, Black Screen.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So I downloaded the CoolBits addon for her NVidia card and it activated the "overclock" screen.  I then proceeded to under clock her card 10mhz below the specs on the stock 5900XT card.  She hasn't had a single black out since in the trade halls, but now she's having the griffon problem like the rest of us.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Okay SoE your turn to figure it out... hehe I did my part.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>