PDA

View Full Version : Class/subclass healing

Sebastien
12-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Are there any priests on Test that are over level 20? There is a lot of speculation and concern over the rather ambigious patch notes on changes to our healing spells. Does anybody know:(1) what exactly is meant by class and subclass "vitae" stacking "correctly"?(2) does anybody know if druid subclass regens have been fixed yet?(3) have there been changes to wards in reaction to either or both of the above?

Miral
12-20-2004, 01:35 PM
<DIV>(1) Read the big bold print at the top of this forum.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>(2) See #1</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>(3) go in game, type /who all priest, and ask a higher level nicely for info</DIV>

Sebastien
12-20-2004, 09:19 PM
Love the attitude!Difficult to give feedback on changes, though, if one does not know what exactly those changes were.

Shazzbott_Feldercarb
12-20-2004, 09:35 PM
<blockquote><hr>Sebastien wrote:Love the attitude!Difficult to give feedback on changes, though, if one does not know what exactly those changes were.<hr></blockquote>Attitude ahs nothing to do with it. These boards are not for general discussion. If you want to see about something that is on test, then login to test.You can see that by looking at the top of the board.<blockquote>This board is intended for players on the Test server to provide feedback on new features and content. It is not a general server board, nor is it a place for non-testers to ask general questions or post opinions.To keep this board as useful as possible, posts from players not actually participating on Test server may be moved or deleted.</blockquote>Have a nice dayShazz

Sebastien
12-21-2004, 05:57 AM
Maybe you can explain to me, how exactly I provide feedback on something if I have no idea what it is?The point is that the statement "class and subclass 'vitae' spells should now stack correctly" is open to a lot of interpretation, and no I do not have time to roll one of each class, and then get all of them up to 20, just to find out the answer to something like that. It impacts me, as a druid, even if I am not playing that class, because depending on how I interpret it, it is a hugely balance-altering change.There is also a statement to the effect "fixed and balanced many spells." What exactly should my feedback be on that change? "Yay"?Blessing of the Grove, for Wardens, does not reach it's maximum value until level 33. The broken state of this spell effects all Wardens, and is something we are frustrated with. My main character, whom I have been playing since day one, is only level 25. So, as you can imagine, I do not have a test server character at level 33 at the moment. I am sorry if this does not meet with your standards.Now, explain to me, again, what is wrong with asking other testers about their findings?Having characters on the Test server does not make us special or entitle us to treat people poorly. So you can lose the attitude also please. But thanks in advance for your consideration, and for what I'm absolutely positive will be a helpful and friendly reply! =)

Shazzbott_Feldercarb
12-21-2004, 06:04 AM
This board is intended for players on the Test server to provide feedback on new features and content. It is not a general server board, nor is it a place for non-testers to ask general questions or post opinions.Ok, I'll go slow and use small words.We the players on test use this board to talk back to devs and each other about things on test. This is not the place for you to ask what is up on test. To see what is up on test, go there and play.If you want to ask questions, look here http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board?board.id=003Its the Test server board.Have a nice day.Shazz

Sebastien
12-21-2004, 09:07 AM
Well, apologies in advance for the disrespect, but do read what I write? Or is this a pre-packaged response you have for anyone with questions? And, for that matter, why do you persist in assuming that I do not have a character on Test?My problem is not that I do not have a character on Test. My problem is that I do not have a level 33 Warden on test. Therefore I cannot answer my question or provide appropriate feedback on this change. So I am asking if other testers have an appropriately leveled priest. Is this starting to make sense yet?And why is it so offensive to you that one tester is asking this question of other testers? Do you own this forum or something? Since you cannot answer my question, why don't you just ignore this and move along?I would thank you for your prior reply, but I believe I already anticipated and took care of that in my second post. Cheers!

Linolil
12-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Sebastien;The problem is simply a matter of limited resources. Experience in different forums for different test servers; eqlive, swq, etc. has shown that non-test players, simply because there are so many of them, are able to flood the test forums with many of the same questions, such that the testers disappear into the noise.The second reason is the simple fact that many things on test never make it onto the production machines, because the developers change their minds based on what they see happen. Thus, questions about spell balance on test simply aren't appropriate in reference to the live servers. You may get correct feedback, but you may also get completely wrong answers.For example, right now test is effectively running a beta release. We are re-experiencing all of the bugs that we had during beta -- such as HOs crashing zones. Why? Only the development team knows. But, that means that we are not running the same code as the blue servers, so our experiences simply don't help.Linolil

Zenist
12-21-2004, 11:09 PM
<DIV>Why is it necessary to be rude and arrogant?  I just don't understand.  He has a legitimate issue; he is asking for feedback from other testers or devs on what a patch note means.  Its IS valid testing feedback to question unclear patch notes.  He has a test character and is a tester.  Could you guys step off yer pompous self righteous high horses for a moment and just help a fellow tester out?  </DIV>

Os
12-22-2004, 09:24 PM
<P>So basically you want to give "feedback" on content you aren't high enough lvl to test? So you are asking others their impression of stuff you don't have access to so you can give second hand info to the devs?</P> <P>I don't see how thats any different than a non-tester asking the exact same thing. And to boot, second hand feedback is worse than non at all because it can be based off misinformed or incorrect information.</P> <P>Bottom line, this isn't the forum to be asking questions of other tester about content you have no experience on. Feedback is just that, feedback and discussion of YOUR experiences. If you were lvl 33 warden and came here and said, "I cant tell any differences on stacking issues etc etc, what has other 33 wardens seen... that would be completely different."</P> <P>If testers came here and did nothing but answer questions about content to lower lvl or non-testers no testing would get done.</P> <P>I hope that has answered your question as to why the testing community has responded negatively to your question.</P> <P><BR> </P>

Drexlor
12-22-2004, 09:25 PM
<DIV>Wow, some people. I too would like this question answered.. and if it will make everyone feel better I will go make a lvl 1 char on test and call myself a leet tester as well. Anyways simply answering this question would have made this post then sink down the list and fade away alot faster then a bunch of arrogant responses/BUMBS that seem to be aimed at hoping some dev will come over and delete this post so that they can try and feel a lil bigger inside. </DIV>

Miral
12-22-2004, 09:34 PM
<DIV>having a character on test doesn't make you a tester.... testing the content in question yourself is what makes one a tester. like training, for instance. sure i coulda just came here and asked what was up with that, but I decided to level multiple characters to 10 to get an accurate preview of it. and so far I've found 3 typos, two confusing descriptions, and a spell that doesnt do what its supposed to do.</DIV>

Tag
12-22-2004, 10:22 PM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Shazzbott_Feldercarb wrote:<BR>This board is intended for players on the Test server to provide feedback on new features and content. It is not a general server board, nor is it a place for non-testers to ask general questions or post opinions.<BR><BR>Ok, I'll go slow and use small words.<BR><BR>We the players on test use this board to talk back to devs and each other about things on test. This is not the place for you to ask what is up on test. To see what is up on test, go there and play.<BR><BR>If you want to ask questions, look here http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board?board.id=003<BR><BR>Its the Test server board.<BR><BR><BR>Have a nice day.<BR><BR>Shazz<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>Funny thing is testers posting "This board is intended for players on the Test server to provide feedback ..." is clogging up the test center boards more than all the non tester questions combined.</FONT></DIV>