PDA

View Full Version : The Casting Timer, AKA Spell Bar

PhourZwanZig
12-19-2004, 09:23 PM
<DIV>What ever its called, not positive, but the window that shows your progress during casting a spell..  Ive /bug'd this issue but I havent heard anyone else talk bout it.. Is it just me..  What im having happen is while castin in battle (doesnt seem to be effected outa battle) my cast window will go so far and disappear, the spell still casts but the window drops b4 the spells done casting..  No it doesnt say interupted or anything like that.. the window just plain ole drops b4 it should, Again am I the only one seeing this or can anyone back me on this one..</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Just in case this only seem to happen that i know of after I took my special skill.. the newly added upgrade skill thing.. I took the Upgrade to my smite so I have that Smitting skill now.  But it happens w/ all spells not just the new one or smite, does it even on my heals..</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Tinker - LVL 11 Gnomish Druid</DIV><p>Message Edited by PhourZwanZig on <span class=date_text>12-19-2004</span> <span class=time_text>08:29 AM</span>

Curati
12-19-2004, 10:11 PM
<DIV>same thing happens to me in live as well...</DIV> <DIV>and usuelly while casting smite.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>just adding my two copper</DIV>

PhourZwanZig
12-20-2004, 06:02 AM
<DIV>Well Ive got a char on the Live servers w/ smite that doesnt do it.. Hmm.. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Also Like i said above it was fine til i got my training upgrade or what ever the new skill thing is..</DIV><p>Message Edited by PhourZwanZig on <span class=date_text>12-19-2004</span> <span class=time_text>05:02 PM</span>

Nivis
12-20-2004, 06:05 AM
It happens when you are casting a spell, get hit, and cast that instant auto-reactive spell priests get...I'm not sure what exactly it does, but it puts up a book icon in your bar that lasts like 5 seconds. There is also some text I believe that says you have been marked.

Jiggers
12-20-2004, 10:01 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> PhourZwanZig wrote:<BR> <DIV>What ever its called, not positive, but the window that shows your progress during casting a spell..  Ive /bug'd this issue but I havent heard anyone else talk bout it.. Is it just me..  What im having happen is while castin in battle (doesnt seem to be effected outa battle) my cast window will go so far and disappear, the spell still casts but the window drops b4 the spells done casting..  No it doesnt say interupted or anything like that.. the window just plain ole drops b4 it should, Again am I the only one seeing this or can anyone back me on this one..</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Just in case this only seem to happen that i know of after I took my special skill.. the newly added upgrade skill thing.. I took the Upgrade to my smite so I have that Smitting skill now.  But it happens w/ all spells not just the new one or smite, does it even on my heals..</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Tinker - LVL 11 Gnomish Druid</DIV> <P>Message Edited by PhourZwanZig on <SPAN class=date_text>12-19-2004</SPAN> <SPAN class=time_text>08:29 AM</SPAN><BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE> <P>im interested to know if this occurs with other archetypes.  i too noticed the same thing with my priest/druid/fury .  as mentioned above, the casting timer bar disappears if my character gets hit durring casting, even if the spell is not interrupted.  anyone have any fighter/mages/rouges that this happens with?  its very confusing in battle to have it disappear and not be sure if you are still casting the spell or got interrupted and missed the message.</P> <P><BR><BR> </P> <BLOCKQUOTE> <P><SPAN class=time_text>(jigs)</SPAN></P></BLOCKQUOTE>

TunaBoo
12-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Tanking I RARELY get to see the entire bar go across on the live servers. A pain, cuz I gotta see if spell is grey or not to know if it went off.

thepriz
12-20-2004, 04:21 PM
<DIV>I also had this happen on the live servers. Have not seen it on the test servers but havn't played long enough on them. I do believe it was my Druid that I was having the problem with.</DIV>

Luvie
12-20-2004, 05:25 PM
<DIV>This glitch you speak, often is the result of some auto spell effect going off. (procing)</DIV> <DIV>For bezerkers its there rage, that interupts all animation and casting time bars.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>But, even tho the casting bar disapears the spell still goes off. </DIV>

Naldiian
12-21-2004, 03:34 AM
<DIV>I get the same problem on live and I am a Brigand - some of my longer cast time combat arts will begin to fire and then the bar disappears at less than halfway through the cast time, but a second or two later I perform the art as if it went normal. Meanwhile I assume I was interupted or something and try to start other attacks and cannot do anything...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Definitely odd, and can leave you unsure if you are going to complete the spell/art - not a big deal for me, but for a healer it might really matter.</DIV>

Godflower
02-08-2005, 10:05 PM
<DIV>same problem here.  funny that I also notice it primarily with my druid and i did upgrade my smite to the level 10 special.  I also notice that the chill spell animations are missing or incomplete when fighing against orcs.   sometimes the spell cast progress bar will vanish or it wont appear at all.  I find it difficult to notice if my spells are actually completing.  Not sure if it is an issue with graphics card, lag, programing, memory or what? - I will add some of my softwarere specs when I get home....  BTW I am not a tester, just noticed this was the same i have on live and came up in a search.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Spike
02-08-2005, 11:09 PM
<DIV>I get this problem on live as well on my enchanter.  Mostly noticed on Speechless and Nightmare spells, but then I cast those most often.  Highly annoying since Speechless has no spell icon either.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>- Phlegm</DIV>

Linolil
02-09-2005, 07:30 AM
My cleric has the same issue. Also, Interrupt messages don't always synch correctly. I'll click three times before the Interrupt disappears and the spell actually starts to cast. There seems to be a lag issue between the client and the server such that the client simply gives you incorrect information.

Mail
02-09-2005, 02:14 PM
yes i do have the same problem.I have a question though for Nivisec - what is that auto-reactive spell that you are talking about? I am a lvl 33 fury and have never seen anything like that - i also have never seen any book icon and no message "you have been marked" either.can you plese tell me what that is - what lvl and what priest class are you?

Jezekie
02-09-2005, 09:13 PM
<blockquote><hr>PhourZwanZig wrote:<DIV>What ever its called, not positive, but the window that shows your progress during casting a spell.. Ive /bug'd this issue but I havent heard anyone else talk bout it.. Is it just me.. What im having happen is while castin in battle (doesnt seem to be effected outa battle) my cast window will go so far and disappear, the spell still casts but the window drops b4 the spells done casting.. No it doesnt say interupted or anything like that.. the window just plain ole drops b4 it should, Again am I the only one seeing this or can anyone back me on this one..</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>Just in case this only seem to happen that i know of after I took my special skill.. the newly added upgrade skill thing.. I took the Upgrade to my smite so I have that Smitting skill now. But it happens w/ all spells not just the new one or smite, does it even on my heals..</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>Tinker - LVL 11 Gnomish Druid</DIV><p>Message Edited by PhourZwanZig on <span class=date_text>12-19-2004</span> <span class=time_text>08:29 AM</span><hr></blockquote>Happens everytime food/drinks refreshes them selfs, possibly during other events as well.

Feaw
02-09-2005, 09:19 PM
<DIV>Ive seen this too and some of my spells/combat arts seem to just not cast at all sometimes but the timer resets as if I had.  I think the spells are casting but the graphics are hic-uping or something.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Sacha
02-09-2005, 10:16 PM
<DIV>Happens to my druid too, during every fight. Most annoying, and makes me log her off early most nights out of frustration. The visual cues need to be there. There is already so much flashing of spells and stuff that I don't need to be counting on whether or not I see the little damage numbers over their heads to know if I got the spell off...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Doesn't happen to ANY of the other classes I play.</DIV>

Naknek
02-10-2005, 06:37 AM
<DIV>Happens to me on Test some of the time, and I have /bugged it.  I think the spells are casting but the graphic is short-circuiting.  </DIV>

Linolil
02-10-2005, 07:53 AM
<blockquote><hr>Naknek wrote:<DIV>Happens to me on Test some of the time, and I have /bugged it. I think the spells are casting but the graphic is short-circuiting. </div><hr></blockquote>Happens to me all the time. I used to simply think it was a graphics issue, until I noticed that I was able to confirm if a spell had actually hit or not. Sometimes they are apparently resisted, but nothing show that except the fact that the spell is unusable because its recast timer was set. Other times I am positive it hit, only to see that the recast timer was not set or that the icons for the HO were still flashing.It gets very confusing while soloing and impossible to track when in a group.

Dantra
02-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Same thing for me as well as a wizard