PDA

View Full Version : Are monster voice overs more frequent now? With all the new ones...

Kulharr
12-19-2004, 02:06 AM
<DIV> <DIV>Will we actually hear Voice Overs in combat more frequently? otherwise it seems complete irrelevant to add them and/or download the combat voice overs because currently monsters hardly EVER talk, maybe 1 in every 50 text messages a monster says actually comes out in Voice Overs. </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I see text from skeletons all the time like "Im shattered and broken" but 95% of the time it's just the text, 5% of the time do they actually voice "Im shattered and broken"</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>If they are not going to make these more frequent it's pretty pointless to add them in.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I was fighting in Fallen gate for over a week and I heard zombie voice overs a total of 4 times that I was there.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV></DIV>

Nil
12-19-2004, 03:44 AM
<DIV>As I recall there was a message saying that the optional downlaods were avilable however the ingame triggers to make them play wont be added for a while and that they wnated to test how thier optional downloads work...</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thats what it means to Test something..  and play on the test server is that you sometimes downlaod or do something just to make sure it works ok.    Now you have the download they may add the triggers for them and see how that works..  But right now I think they have a few more serious things to do then enhance some of the flavor of the world.  </DIV>

PhourZwanZig
12-19-2004, 09:11 PM
<DIV>Well Ive noticed that in the ruins the Female Ogres have a mans voice now.. Kinda funny hearing a really deep mans voice in place of the female voice</DIV>

Kulharr
12-20-2004, 02:25 AM
<DIV>I don't play test server, just regular server. I just heard about the 100's of megs optional download for voice overs on test... But it's kinda pointless for monsters unless they make it more frequent... Cause on the normal servers monsters very VERY rarely say anything... I can fight 100 teir'dal zombies in Fallen Gate and if Im lucky one might say "What you do to me, I shall double onto you"</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Gleamhamm
12-20-2004, 10:35 PM
<blockquote><hr>PhourZwanZig wrote:<DIV>Well Ive noticed that in the ruins the Female Ogres have a mans voice now.. Kinda funny hearing a really deep mans voice in place of the female voice</DIV><hr></blockquote>Is it just me or do female Ogres sound like Sam Kennison when you hit em'? OHHH! OOOOHHHHHHH! OHHH! OOOOOOOHHHH! LOL!

Dzok
12-21-2004, 03:27 AM
<DIV> There is a setting under sound that limits the amount of simultaneous sounds that can be played.<SPAN>  </SPAN>Try turning this up to see if they voice more often when the text pops up.</DIV>

Kulharr
12-21-2004, 02:38 PM
<DIV>I tried that, changed nothing... I've fiddled around with numerous sound settings and it doesn't change how frequent they are.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

Kulharr
12-29-2004, 06:42 AM
<DIV>bumpzzzz</DIV>