PDA

View Full Version : Furniture is still broken

KingDrahl
12-18-2004, 09:41 AM
<DIV>OK, so I read Moorgard's post that said something to the effect of, "please do not ask if bug fix XYZ is in this patch if it is not in the patch notes, many fixes are not in the patch notes, please login to test and find out for yourself before asking".</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>So, that is exactly what I did.  I have spent the last several hours getting crafting up high enough to make a piece of furniture.  And, it is still broken.  (would not have taken that long if the zones were not crashing every 30-90 seconds, but that is another topic)</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Broken?  Maybe not broken, is it working as designed, is there really a problem?  In my opinion, but I have yet to find out an "official" response.  So I don't know, but it would be nice to find out so I can stop /bugging, /feedbacking, /trying on test, /posting, /griping about it.  </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It has been stated that furniture reduces the status point cost of rooms, however when you examine a piece of furniture you get zero indication of this fact and more importantly if one piece is better than another with regard to status point reduction.  This is essentially the exact same problem that food, drink, poisons, and potions had and they have  reportedly been fixed.  I had hoped furniture would have as well.  The problem is simple, the crafted item does something but there is no way of knowing what it does and how well ti does it upon examining, as far as I know furniture is now the ONLY crafted item where this is the case.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Question is simple, will furniture ever have in its description an indication of the relative value in status point reduction when applied to room rental?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thank you in advance for answering, I just spent the last several hours obeying instructions and testing it out on the test server before asking.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV>

KingDrahl
12-22-2004, 01:28 AM
<DIV>Now that things have calmed down, a bit, from the weekend's issues is it possible to get some feedback on this?  At least some confirmation if it is even a bug or not.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>thank you</DIV>

Agathorn
12-22-2004, 01:30 AM
Where you making rare or regular furniture? My understanding is that only rare furniture (EG Alderwood) affects status costs.

WindFre
12-22-2004, 01:33 AM
<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE> <HR> Agathorn wrote:<BR>Where you making rare or regular furniture? My understanding is that only rare furniture (EG Alderwood) affects status costs.<BR> <HR> </BLOCKQUOTE><BR> OMG whats the point of a carpenter? Strongboxes only?

KingDrahl
12-22-2004, 03:44 AM
<DIV>My understanding is that all furniture effects status cost, the more rare and higher quality pieces will effect it more.   The key words in that sentence are the first two!</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>There is a tremendous amount of confusion associated with furniture because of this resulting in a greatly decrease in demand for it as well as an inability to put a price on it, and reason to purchase over NPC versions.  Exactly like food and drink.  However, since furniture has less of a demand and probably always will it appears as though it is being overlooked at the moment.  Which is understandable I will admit. </DIV>

Jooneau
12-22-2004, 01:37 PM
It would be nice if all tradeskill items included at least (a) the level required to make it and (b) what positive effects it has for the player. For example, provisioner goods on Test have level, satiation effect, and duration. Carpenter goods should have level and status points in their descriptions so people will know how much benefit they get from the furniture.The same goes for pets, quested status items like the Lore and Legend items, and other items that affect status point upkeep on guild housing.

KingDrahl
12-22-2004, 11:49 PM
<DIV>Yes they all should.  At a minimum it would be nice to hear an official word if the devs even consider furniture to have a problem.</DIV>

Valkiria
12-24-2004, 06:10 PM
<DIV>Hi. I have made thread in another forum, it should partially answer your question. Its about the upcoming patch too. Plz read and add your comment.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV><U><FONT color=#800080><A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=housing&message.id=5150" target=_blank>http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=housing&message.id=5150</A></FONT></U><A href="http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=general_tradeskill&message.id=25581" target=_blank></A></DIV><p>Message Edited by Valkiriaer on <span class=date_text>12-24-2004</span> <span class=time_text>05:11 AM</span>