PDA

View Full Version : A question on the way XP is displayed now.

Humudc
12-18-2004, 05:46 AM
<DIV> <DIV>Ok question, since the Devs have changed the way Death Debt % is displayed on the Test Server.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>The Old Way it was displayed was let's say you were 55% into your level and if you looked and had Death Debt it displayed as 58%.  You were actually 3% into Debt.  I made a UI piece that displays the XP and Debt as a Percentage.  On the Live Server if you had no Death Debt it displayed as 0%, which was fine as far as I was concerned, and everyone else using my UI Mod.  But now on test if you have 0% Death Debt with the example above with 55% into Level it appears on the UI as -55% Debt, aka 0% Debt.  But again in the above example you have 3% Death Debt it now appears as 3% and not 58%.  I applaud Sony for fixing that, but it now breaks my UI.  Is there any way in the XML for that window for me to hide the Death Debt unless it's a Positive Number?</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Also what are the chances that using the Same Type of call out as the ExpierenceCurrent for Tradeskill will finally show the % you are into the Level.  Those of us coding the UI Mods can't get the Tradeskill % to display anything.</DIV></DIV><p>Message Edited by HumudceT on <span class=date_text>12-17-2004</span> <span class=time_text>05:00 PM</span>

Valarno
12-18-2004, 08:57 AM
Actually most of the data is wrong..Here are the 6 data elements that I'm interested in for experience..from eq2ui_gamedata.xml<DynamicData ActionType="Experience" Name="ExperienceBubble"/><DynamicData ActionType="Experience" Name="ExperienceCurrent"/><DynamicData ActionType="Experience" Name="ExperienceDebtCurrent"/><DynamicData Name="TradeskillExperienceCurrent"/><DynamicData ActionType="Experience" Name="TSExperienceDebtCurrent"/><DynamicData Name="TradeskillExperienceBubble"/>Of these only ExperienceCurrent and ExperienceDebtCurrent is working properly.ExperienceBubble is showing the ones digit and the tenth digit.If your experience was 34.75% then ExperienceBubble would have the value 47 instead of 75.This is a subtle one that I don't think most people have realized yet.TradeskillExperienceBubble works the same was as ExperienceBubble.TradeskillExperienceCurrent doesn't get a value.TSExperienceDebtCurrent has the same value of ExperienceDebtCurrent instead of it's proper value.ExperienceDebtCurrent on Test is acting differently than on production. That is probably intentional and people will have to deal.I've tried adding the ActionType to the current/bubble lines in eq2ui_gamedata.xml but it doesn't make a difference.